Principal Account Lead at Randstad India
Views:446 Applications:121 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:92
Technical Delivery Manager - Program Management - eCommerce (10-15 yrs)
Looking to hire a Technical Delivery Program Manager for a Global MNC, setting up technology center in Bangalore, with their ecommerce business coming up.
As a TDM, your leadership shall be critical in ensuring engineering rigor and driving innovation at scale. Project execution, including planning and directing internal and external project resources to ensure delivery of project outputs within agreed parameters such as time, cost, scope and quality. You shall need to influence others within the team and beyond and create and maintain positive and productive working relationships.
This is not a people-manager, or exclusively a supervisory role.
It is also not a PMO role, where the person shall present a RAG status of actions.
The ideal candidate should have risen up from engineering streams, and while not expected to code on a daily basis, shall be expected to sit with developers and debug code(if need be), define engineering guidelines/best-practices, and contribute to architectural/design sessions. Should be strong in Backend code development.
The ideal candidate shall have a solid underpinning of open-source technologies, like react-native and Java; not from hardware background, and not from legacy mainframe background, rather should be from cutting edge mainframe background.
Expertise, Experience :
- At least 10 to 15 years of experience in cutting-edge technology implementations with at least 5 years of experience in leading/ managing delivery
- Co-ordinate the pre-project planning, including scoping, project plan, effort and cost estimates.
- Project execution, including planning and directing internal and external project resources to ensure delivery of project outputs within agreed parameters such as time, cost, scope and quality
- Manage and coordinate the overall end-to-end project activities across various technology teams
- Collaborate with architect and another Development manager on the conceptualization of the solution
- Influence key stakeholders from Business Units and LBUs on application solutions and Process Re-engineering
- Engage stakeholders on scope, delivery and updates
- Manage development team, and/or vendors if required, in quality delivery
- Be abreast with latest technology and business needs and plan ahead to use and support them
Expected Deliverables from the ideal candidate:
- Decompose single-line, very high-level aspirations into a body-of-work.
- Identify all teams which need to contribute to make the aspiration GO LIVE - UI/UX, API-design, Partner-platform-integration, compliance, regulatory, security, operations, marketing, finance, etc.
- Build an E2E sprint-plan, with aggressive timelines (we GO LIVE every week), working with each impacted team.
- Proactively identify risks to the deliverable and eliminate/mitigate these risks proactively.
- Unblock all teams, who may get stuck.
- Track, on a real-time basis, the activities and milestones, and ensure nothing misses the committed timeline.
- Be entrepreneurial and be willing to wear multiple hats (if need be) to cover for lack of expertise/skills/competencies in any part of the E2E chain.
- Lead from the front in triaging in life and integration issues, and establishing engineering mandates/guidelines which emerge from the RCA and POR therein (POR = Prevention of Recurrence)
We would be interested to talk to you if you have handled these :
- If you come from engineering background
- Gone through the ranks in production roles, managed releases
- Should have worked on hard core product developments
- Should have handled Senior stake holders in organisations on delivery plans
- Should have worked on cutting edge mainframe solutions
- Min 10 -15 yrs experience from engineering streams and technical delivery manager role
- Pedigree : Should come from app development site / platform side