Client Recruiter at Progility Consulting
Views:410 Applications:99 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:87
Team Leader - Operations Excellence - Steel Plant Firm (10-12 yrs)
This recruitment is for a client of ours with Large Integrated Steel Plant
Hiring Operations Excellence Team Leader to drive improvement projects across production, maintenance, quality, supply chain to enhance business performance. This position is expected to lead & develop a team of internal consultants and drive capability improvement in functional areas to ensure the sustainability of the improvement culture
Responsibilities Include :
- Work closely with the Directors to develop and execute the strategies/ annual business plan for efficiency improvement by analysing data, existing processes & systems and identify improvement projects with clear business case.
- Work with functional heads, plant leader, operating teams to execute the improvement projects while ensuring proper change management & capability development efforts
- Scan industry trends, technology advances & develop new & practical ideas for the company and prepare business case.
- Identify and work with internal/external vendors on areas of automation, process & quality improvements
- Lead the monthly steering committee and other area level meetings to ensure that culture of continuous improvement is established in the organisation.
- Collect benchmark data in operational performance and create a repository of best practices
- Conduct trainings & propagate the culture of right data collection, analysis and problem solving & change management skills
Desired Candidate Profile :
- 10-12 years of experience out of which 3-5 years with a consulting firm in the supply chain/operations area. Industry experience of manufacturing especially in Steel or other process-based/asset intensive industries will be given preference
- Professionals involved operations excellence programs in manufacturing organizations will also be a good fit for this role.
- Knowledge of improvement tools ( maintenance reliability, statistics process management, industrial engineering techniques, data analysis/excel/powerBI skills, management systems development, change management expertise.
- Position is expected to manage 1-2 sites with base location in orrisa.