Recruiter at Contactx
Views:129 Applications:43 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:1
Team Leader - Indirect Tax - Big4 (2-6 yrs)
Indirect tax Team Leader -BIG4
- Advice on classification, valuation, applicability of taxes on transactions and admissibility to tax benefits/exemptions
- Opinions on indirect tax matters
- Providing innovative but rigorous tax planning ideas
Indirect Tax Reviews / Health Checks /Due Diligence Reviews :
- Undertaking comprehensive reviews of business operations to identify tax planning opportunities as well as compliance gaps (if any)
- Conducting detailed indirect tax due diligence reviews (buy side / sell side)
Compliance Support and Outsourcing :
- Indirect tax compliance support/ outsourcing on an all India basis
- Preparation of customised compliance manuals on all indirect taxes
- Provision of complete support for customs related party proceedings (i.e. SVB)
Litigation support :
- Drafting replies to notices and Drafting appeals and submissions
- Assisting people manager in appearances before adjudication and appellate authorities up to the Tribunal, including authority for anti-dumping duty
- Briefing of Senior Counsel
- Supporting, marketing initiatives
- Thought, leadership initiatives
We also provide for Strategic Consulting, Trade Facilitation and Representation services
Profile Requirements Working in this discipline will see an Assistant Manager working on engagements and with team (the strength of which will vary depending on client/project).
To qualify for the same an Manager will need:
- To be a Qualified Chartered Accountant or Lawyer with relevant exposure and 5-9 years of experience as Associate.
- Relevant experience should be on indirect tax matters
- Additional qualification of Company Secretary (CS) would be an added advantage.
Other prerequisite skills include:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Expert knowledge of indirect tax laws relating to GST, Customs, erstwhile Central Excise, Service Tax, VAT/ CST laws
- Knowledge of direct tax and transfer pricing is expected, and the interplay of direct tax/ transfer pricing principles with indirect tax.
- Excel, presentation and report writing skills are extremely important
- Should have experience in appearing/ representing matters before tax and regulatory authorities
- Subject Matter Expertise required Full knowledge of Indirect Tax laws relating to GST, customs, erstwhile Service Tax, Central Excise, VAT/CST laws
- Knowledge of the current GST developments (including judicial precedents) and impact of the same on the industry
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.