Recruitment Consultant at Banking & Insurance
Views:258 Applications:37 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:6
Team Lead/AVP - Payment Systems & Digital Banking (8-15 yrs)
Team Lead & AVP - Payment Systems and Digital Banking.
Job Role/Title : Team Lead - Payment Systems and Digital Banking.
Department : Compliance
Grade/Designation : Assistant Vice President
Location : Head Office, Kolkata
Reports To (Role) : Group Compliance Head - Liabilities
ROLE DESCRIPTION :
- The Team Lead will entail the role of managing a team in the areas of regulatory compliance of Payment Systems and Digital Banking.
- The role will require subject matter knowledge in the various payment system products and processes as envisaged by RBI and other sectoral (quasi) regulators like NPCI etc.
- The Team Lead will also be responsible for understanding, disseminating and advising regulatory compliance on Digital Banking platforms viz. Internet and Mobile banking, Payment System Operators etc.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Ensure the Compliance framework related Payment System and Digital Banking is implemented in the Bank, including implementing and rolling-out the applicable Compliance policies, procedures and instructions to ensure that all products and services are in compliance with all applicable policies and regulations.
- Review guidelines and prepare accurate actionable items for the purpose of dissemination to Departments with defined timeline.
- To monitor timely adherence to the guidelines and advise and co-ordinate on the regulatory requirements and be the primary point of contact for all regulatory compliance.
- Conduct Compliance Testing as per the approved compliance testing plan and ensure adequate scope covering the regulatory and operational requirements
- Undertake periodic, risk based, Compliance testing/monitoring to ensure the Bank's policies and procedures are being complied with and escalates to management significant non-compliance including reviews of existing / new products and services in line with product program / construct and identify / highlight critical high risk areas within the Bank and provide general guidance to staff through compliance advisories.
- To ensure all regulatory correspondences pertaining to the area defined are actioned immediately on receipt and escalated timely for any non-submission.
- To ensure all relevant Policies are in place and conduct annual review or as and when required based on regulatory advice.
- To review processes being placed to the Product and Change Management Committee (PCMC) and ensure all regulatory aspects are covered.
- To monitor and track timely submission of Regulatory Returns.
- Prepare agenda notes for Board/Board Level Committees as and when required
- To train team members in order to perform key compliance activities in line with Banks policies and regulatory framework.
- To take appropriate actions / controls around the concerns highlighted by the RBI, during RBI onsite inspection to check and validate various data points
CRITERIA ELIGIBILITY :
To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each activity satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of qualification, knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
i. EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATIONS & CERTIFICATIONS :
- Graduates / post graduates with strong knowledge of Banking/Financial sector and expertise in Payment System and Digital Banking
- Certifications in the areas of Banking will be an added advantage
ii. RELEVANT JOB EXPERIENCE :
- 10+ years of work experience in Banking/Financial Sector with exposure in payment system and digital banking products and process.
- Compliance experience or experience in legal, risk or audit related role will be an added advantage
iii. SKILLS & COMPETENCIES :
- Be a quick learner and self-starter, proactive with the ability to work effectively with minimal supervision while simultaneously contributing to the team.
- Good analytical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Proficient in MS Office (Word/Excel/PowerPoint/Outlook)
- Good writing and verbal communication skills with the ability to summarize findings and present in a clear, concise manner to peers and Managers.
- Ability to adapt to new changes and challenges in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to prioritize workflows and meeting deadlines.
- Good liaising skills