HR at TE Connectivity
Views:609 Applications:174 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:33
TE Connectivity - Manager - Strategy & Business Development - Smart Buildings & Cities - Industrial BU (10-15 yrs)
Manager - Strategy & Business Development
- The Strategy and Business Development (SBD) team is responsible for ideation, development and championing of our highest potential organic and inorganic growth opportunities.
- The team plays the role of trusted advisors to the executive team and plays a pivotal role in identifying and developing opportunities to achieve our vision on portfolio expansion and growth, through a combination of organic and inorganic efforts.
- The Smart Buildings & Cities SBD Manager will join Industrial BU as a senior member of the SBD team, reporting directly to the business units Head of Strategy, Business Development and M&A.
- Smart Buildings & Cities is one of the biggest and high-priority end markets for the Industrial business unit. With a broad product portfolio, global manufacturing footprint, and strong OEM customer relationships across all key regions, TE is well positioned to capture the growth potential in this market.
- The SBD Manager will lead the development and execution of strategy to maximizing TEs growth and market share in the priority applications in Smart Buildings & Cities globally. Of particular interest and focus for TE are Facility/Building Management, Condition & People Monitoring and Lighting.
- The SBD Manager will bring deep industry know-how, strong strategy skill-set, and well-honed execution capabilities to drive above-market growth in these priority areas, in close partnership with product management and sales leaders in the business unit. The role will appeal to top talent who are ambitious and are looking for a platform to create positive impact and accelerate their career into roles of increasing responsibility in strategy, sales / product management, or general management
- Own TEs strategy for the focus end-market develop where to play and how to win plans by combining market and customer insights with knowledge of TEs product and go-to-market strengths
- Enhance application knowledge of TEs sales, product management, and engineering team members through Voice of Customer initiatives and market research. Disseminate insights widely in the company through engagement with stakeholders and creation of reusable training content
- Co-own (with sales) the customer strategy and revenue / new opportunity pipeline within the focus end-market. Drive pipeline growth in partnership with sales and marketing teams, through effective value proposition development and communication, and sales coverage planning and optimization
- Maximize opportunity pipeline conversion by participating in pipeline reviews, providing input into TEs major project proposals and quotes to enhance win rates, and supporting sales and product management team members with customer presentations for major opportunities
- Generate ideas for enhancing TEs value proposition in the target market segments through Product Portfolio expansion. Partner with Product Management and Engineering teams on portfolio expansion through New Product Introduction, Strategic Partnerships, or Acquisitions
- Partner with marketing communications team to develop and execute ideas that position TE as a leader and trusted advisor to customers, through content such as whitepapers, webinars, tradeshows, and other technical marketing content
- Generate market knowledge and insights, including products, competitors, market trends, technology roadmaps and regulations. Keep key stakeholders, including executive management, updated on these trends on an ongoing basis. Use the insights to develop actionable growth and market share expansion plans
- Be the champion for the market segment. Be the recognized expert and leader who sets the direction, drives investment decisions, and makes things happen to win in the market segment
- Deliver growth plans that cover both strategic (setting the long-term trajectory) and tactical (translating into 6-12 months action plans) horizons. Lead the implementation of those plans
- Work closely with leadership to ensure that application plans are aligned with regional commercial plans, sales planning and TEs strategic objectives / key initiatives
Ideal Candidate Preferred :
- Minimum 10-15 years of experience in strategy, industry marketing, or product management role in a leading Buildings Automation & Control company. Deep knowledge and expertise in one or more of the focus segments
- Bachelors degree in Business, Science or Engineering from a leading institution is required
- Demonstrated success with key marketing processes (e.g. market segmentation, strategic planning, competitive analysis, market research, new product development and launch, strategic marketing etc.)
- Strong teamwork and leadership skills success in delivering results in cross-functional, non-hierarchical, and cross-cultural environments. Ability to work effectively with and influence individuals at all organization levels
- Substantial project management experience in large, complex, global organizations
- Strong oral and written communication skills ability to convey messages concisely in both text format and presentation format to busy executives
- Willingness to travel (up to 20%) to TE locations, attending industry conferences, visiting customers etc.
- Professional working proficiency in both English and German languages required