Tax Manager - Direct & Indirect Taxation - Retail (8-14 yrs)
Industry - Retail
Category - Finance
Skills - Direct Tax, Indirect Tax, Mix tax
Job Type - Permanent
Job Description :
- The Tax Manager will be responsible for overseeing all tax & compliance function for the company and may be some accountign and reporting activities
- opportunity to work and coordinate with multiple regions
- Client is a fast growing MNC in the Retail space
- Follow FR's global one policy and rule, at the same time need to comply with local regulatory requirement.
- Responsible for providing advisory support to various departments and units for direct and indirect tax impact in their projects/initiatives.
- Responsible for finalizing the corporate tax return, GST returns and transfer pricing filings in India.
- Monitor timely completion and filing of tax audit report with the auditors.
- Ensure that accurate data and information is available for GST tax purposes and advice management on requirements.
- Coordinate across multiple functions to ensure compliance and appropriate documentation.
- Coordinate response to tax audits, including acting as the main contact, coordinating responses from others, and directly participating in preparing and reconciling information requested for auditors.
- Periodically audit internal records as necessary to validate that transactions are appropriately recorded to ensure compliance, and address gaps as necessary.
- Independently handle litigations, as and when they arise.
- Ensure processes and documentation are in place to support all tax and compliance requirements.
- Reconcile accounts which are highly related to compliance monitoring, including intercompany balances and transactions between legal entities.
- Coordinate across other functions to ensure compliance-related projects and ongoing actions are completed on a timely basis, including regular tracking and updates to senior management.
- Act as backup for other finance functions.
- Support other global financial, accounting, and related tasks, as and when required.
- Indian qualified CA (legal background is a bonus)
- Should have 8 to 10 years of tax specific working experience with India focus, with a tax consultancy firm or as an in-house tax specialist.
- An expert in Indian Direct and Indirect tax legislation.
- Possess a strong combination of business acumen, strong analytical, project and process management.
- Ability to anticipate and recognise the implications of own decisions and actions on the whole organisation and strategy.
- Self motivated individual who can take the initiative towards setting objectives and then works towards realising those goals with a high level of energy.
- Should have strength in dealing with various regulatory authorities and government departments in relation to representing the organisation / industry on various tax matters and potential issues, litigations etc.
- Should have strong verbal and written communication skills; be able to communicate in a clear, constructive, and professional manner with strong team skills.
An opportunity to work for a fast growing company with strong presence in Indian subcontinent region.
Page Group India is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Contact - Rachita Banga - +91 124 452 5439
The Apply Button will redirect you to website. Please apply there as well.