Manager - Human Resources at Tata Sky Ltd
Views:383 Applications:51 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:18
Tatasky - Senior Manager - Legal - LLB (7-10 yrs)
(i) Legal guidance on all contractual and transactional issues including comprehensive legal advice, drafting and managing agreements;
(ii) Understanding of the business and legal risks. Ability to identify cross-functional linkages.
(iii) Advise on transaction risk management, including evaluation, and mitigation related issues in all contractual and transactions.
(iv) Assist in negotiation of deals, customer and stakeholder's management.
(v) Co-ordination and continuous engagement with business and legal colleagues in respect of co-ordination and implementation of projects and transactions;
(vi) Accountability for the delivery of high-quality solutions and business centric advice to transaction management and legal issues.
(vii) Responding to the business requirement for prompt, business centric legal advice;
(viii) Accountable to ensure enhance use of the Legal Process Outsourcing (- LPOs) Units.
(ix) Managing LPOs and vetting the documents shared by them. Being a bridge between the LPO's and the business team and sorting out any difference between them.
(x) Briefing and interacting with external lawyers to obtain advise on transactional related matters.
(xi) Simplicity, speed, scalability to transaction management by helping in planning and rolling-out various automation projects;
(xii) Ideate, plan and assist delivery of all legal automation projects.
(xiii) Due diligence of real estate documents to check if the title of the owner.
(xiv) To be on the top of laws relating to intellectual property rights, programming code, TRAI, data privacy laws, and any legal and commercial issues which may have an impact on the business and business relations of the company.
(xv) Render transaction and contractual related support to the litigation and regulatory teams.
Experience: 8-10 years post qualification experience in full service national law or In house lawyer preferably in broadcasting, OTT, Telco, technology, IT & Services companies or corporate practice of a full service national law firm.
Competencies Required: (Behavioral):
- Experience in drafting and negotiating complex contracts, preferably complex content, OTT, technology contracts, in areas of Telcom, IT, Software and similar businesses.
- Good knowledge of Broadcasting, Direct-to-Home Regulations, Real Estate, Labor Laws and related judicial pronouncements and issues pertaining to distribution of TV channel(s)
- Strong ability to understand business, commercial issues and negotiation skills.
- Experience in handling complex legal contracting of high value and deal structuring.
- Clear understanding of litigation and dispute resolution systems to ensure appropriate risk mitigation through appropriate contract drafting.
- Working as a part of the cross functional business teams.
- Sharp and good analytical skills
- Independent ability to think, conceptualize and design contracts, agreements and documents.
- Hardworking, proactive, confident and a team player.
- Ability to work under pressure, function independently and meet deadlines is a must.
- Should have lateral thinking (i.e. connect the dots and use experience in a project for another project which may or may not be related.
- Proficient in English (talking as well as writing).