Recruitment Director at TaskUs
Views:198 Applications:34 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:18
TaskUs - Vice President - Engineering (15-20 yrs)
TaskUs is seeking a dynamic individual to play a senior leadership role in their IT team. The position will run all IT Engineering and Architecture functions across the entire global infrastructure. The VP of IT Engineering will help TaskUs scale by implementing secure, stable, and robust infrastructure. Our tech strategy is to build cloud-based, work securely, and work from anywhere platforms. You will be expected to push the boundaries with the use of emerging technologies. The span of control will include teams in multiple countries and managing key vendor relationships.
The successful candidate must be a get-it-done leader as well as a strategic thinker able to turn ideas into action by rolling up their sleeves alongside their colleagues. Leadership responsibilities will include helping the organization to scale its business, exploit fast-moving industry trends, and deliver innovation to its customers. This position will report directly to the SVP - IT. The expectation is that this individual will play a senior leadership role both within the IT team and across the entire organization. Your customer is our front line teammates that are the biggest consumer of your product.
Key Responsibilities :
- Sets the vision and strategy for all IT infrastructure services
- Responsible for setting infrastructure standards and patterns for the enterprise infrastructure portfolio, including cloud, network, and telecom services.
- Responsible for leading the technical design and engineering functions for the global network and data communication platforms.
- Drives the design and architecture for the consumption of all cloud services and solutions.
- Responsible for the integration of infrastructure services with ITSM and other business platforms.
- Sets the direction and engineering standards for the automation of core infrastructure services.
- Defines requirements, strategy, solutions, and standards to meet business needs and adhere to enterprise architecture and security standards.
- Ensures participation of appropriate technical expertise in technical requirements gathering and solution design phases of assigned projects.
- Partners on all aspects of the technology lifecycle including requirements, product and services management, planning, procurement, installation, support, and retirement.
- Ensures key technology management processes are effectively managed including change management, planning, governance, and architecture.
- Maintains current knowledge of hosting, cloud, telecommunications, and data center facilities technologies, defined business value and recommends appropriate upgrades and modifications to enhance services and efficiency.
- Provides resource management and allocation, tactical and strategic planning activities, operational budget development and execution, and effective cost management.
- Lead a team of Engineers that will design, build, and support our network platform, AWS, Active Directory, Virtualization, MAC infrastructure, desktop systems, and contact center platforms.
- Provide technical guidance in the identification and resolution of system performance problems.
- Direct and respond to infrastructure outages, including technical troubleshooting and situation management.
- Design and specify future infrastructure deployments with considerations for capacity, availability, security, and interoperability that ranges all the way from the underlying hardware to the application tier
MANAGEMENT COMPETENCIES :
- Cultivate a High-Performing Team
- Create a vision, clear direction, and strategy for the global team
- Generate enthusiasm and understanding of the team vision and how each role contributes to the achievement of that vision
- Ensure capabilities are developed and resources are aligned to support the strategy
- Attract, motivate, develop and retain highly skilled leaders; champion and model leadership development
- Create and sustain a work environment that drives associate engagement and enables business success
- Ensure appropriate processes are in place and executed to drive collaboration and alignment within the team and with the broader IT organization
- Serve as a role model and ensure all team leaders are visible and effective partners with IT counterparts, broader TaskUs stakeholders, and service providers
- Communication : Conveys information and ideas to others in a convincing and engaging manner through a variety of methods.
- Leading Through Vision and Values : Keeps the TaskUs values at the forefront of decision making and action.
- Managing Change : Initiates and/or manages the change process and energizes it on an ongoing basis, taking steps to remove barriers or accelerate its pace; serves as a role model for how to handle change by maintaining composure and performance level under pressure or when experiencing challenges.
- Problem Solving and Decision Making : Identifies and understands issues, problems, and opportunities; obtains and compares information from different sources to draw conclusions, develops and evaluates alternatives and solutions, solves problems, and chooses a course of action.
- Professional Demeanor : Exhibits behavioral styles that convey confidence and command respect from others; makes a good first impression and represents the company in alignment with its values.
- Strategy Development : Develops business plans by exploring and systematically evaluating opportunities with the greatest potential for producing positive results; ensures successful preparation and execution of business plans through effective planning, organizing, and on-going evaluation processes.
Managing Execution :
- Building a Successful Team : Uses an effective interpersonal style to build a cohesive team; inspires and sustains team cohesion and engagement by focusing the team on its mission and importance to the organization.
- Strategy Execution : Ensures the successful execution of business plans designed to maximize customer satisfaction, profitability, and market share through effective planning, organizing, and on-going evaluation processes.
- Driving for Results : Sets high standards of performance for self and/or others; assumes responsibility for work objectives; initiates. focuses, and monitors the efforts of self and/or others toward the accomplishment goals; proactively takes action and goes beyond what is required.
Building Relationships :
- Customer Relationships : Develops and sustains relationships based on an understanding of customer/stakeholder needs and actions consistent with the company's service standards.
- Global Mindset : Supports employees and business partners with diverse styles, abilities, motivations, and/or cultural perspectives; utilizes differences to drive innovation, engagement and enhance business results; and ensures employees are given the opportunity to contribute to their full potential.
- Strategic Partnerships : Develop collaborative relationships with fellow employees and business partners by making them feel valued, appreciated, and included; explores partnership opportunities with other people inside and outside the organization; influences and leverages corporate and site level shared services and/or discipline leaders (e.g., HR, Sales & Marketing, Finance, Operations) to achieve objectives.
Education and Experience :
Basic Qualifications :
- 15+ years of IT infrastructure leadership experience with at least 5 years in a leadership role
- Five years of experience in a hands-on technical engineering or development role
- Three years of experience working with public cloud services providers, specifically AWS
- Demonstrated understanding of ITIL v3
- Strong financial acumen, with experience managing complex budgets
- End to end infrastructure lifecycle experience, inclusive of servers, storage, data centers, databases, cloud, contact center, and web/application environments
- Experience developing and delivering large scale contact center platforms
Required Education :
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology Management or equivalent work experience
About Us :
We are a collective of highly capable humans, who understand how to deploy technology and data to best serve your purpose. From Digital CX to Content Security, AI Operations, Consulting, and anything in between, we consider ourselves responsible for protecting our partners- interests and supporting their long-term success through innovation and technology -powered by ridiculously smart people.
TaskUs partners with the world's most innovative and disruptive brands to protect what matters most and to thrive in an ever-changing world.
TaskUs currently has over 23,000 employees around the world with offices across the United States, the Philippines, India, Taiwan, Mexico, Greece, and Ireland.
TaskUs is an equal opportunity employer.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.