Vice President - HR at Synchrony Financial
Views:925 Applications:25 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Synchrony - Manager - Model Risk - WalkIn (8-13 yrs)
We are conducting exclusive Hiring drive for Technology and Analytics roles on 18th & 19th May 2019 in Delhi
New Delhi - 110019
Timings : 10am to 5pm
JOB LOCATION : HYDERABAD
Title : Manager - Model Risk
Role Summary/Purpose : A critical new role Manager, Model Validation, will be responsible for supporting model validation initiatives related to quantitative analytic modeling with the Synchrony Model Governance and Validation team.
Essential Functions / Responsibilities :
- Serve as a key contributor and lead analyst supporting independent model validation for various models (Credit, Finance, ALLL, Loss Forecasting, Stress Testing, etc)
- Lead the review and maintenance of relevant model and model validation documentation, perform in depth analysis on large data sets, and prepare analysis and reports to support discussions on key analytics and model risks;
- Work closely within the Risk organization to validate the accuracy and performance of statistical models and to identify issues requiring further investigation;
- Validate external vendors- models to ensure accuracy and relevancy;
- Provide independent model review and validation services and support across functions at Synchrony Financial
- Liaise with the Synchrony Financial business teams to uncover and highlight model risk associated with models
- Keep pace with the latest developments in academia, regulatory environment, risk technology (vendor and in-house) and financial services industries in order to provide expert guidance to the Synchrony Financial functions.
- Embrace change and drive improvements cross-functionally.
- Perform other duties and/or special projects as assigned
- Work on a number of different projects simultaneously, of varying complexity and length.
- Proactively manage efforts to maintain stakeholder satisfaction, and quantify project benefits delivered
Qualifications / Requirements :
- Masters or Ph.D. in Mathematics/Statistics, Operations Research, Economics, or other quantitative majors, or equivalent experience beyond Bachelors degree with a minimum of 8 years of work experience in the relevant field.
- 5+ years of experience in statistical modeling risk analytics position.
- 3+ years experience in coding with SAS, SQL, R or another equivalent tool within the recent 5 years
- Strong written/oral communication skills.
Desired Qualifications :
- Working knowledge in big data tools such as Hadoop HIVE, PIG or Apache Spark as a plus.
- The application of regulatory requirements for Model Risk (e.g. SR 11-7/OCC 2011-12); and
- Utilizing modeling techniques supporting one (or more) of the following: Capital Planning, Stress Testing (DFAST,CCAR), ALLL, or Loss Forecasting.
- Ability to work in a matrix organization.
- Understanding of macro-economic conditions & competitor's trends.
- Exposure to R, Python & Tableau.