Synchrony - Manager - Finance Controllership Operations - Payment Services (2-10 yrs)
Venue Location : Chennai
Date of Interview : 22nd & 23rd February 2020 (Saturday & Sunday)
Timings : 10am to 6pm
Venue: Grand by GRT Hotels
Address: 120, Sir Thyagaraya Road, T-Nagar, Chennai - 600017
JOB LOCATION : HYDERABAD
Role Summary/Purpose :
- The Payment Services Manager will assist in leading and managing key Payment Services initiatives and processes (payment suspense, bank advice, returns, etc.).
- In this role, you will work extensively with key Finance contacts in multiple locations and various cross functional teams, as dictated by team directives and business need. This position will provide oversite and coordination of all Payment Services processes, will lead and guide the teams responsible for these processes and will support the AVP, Payment Services Role.
- In addition, this role will lead their department initiatives focused on accurate and timely processing of transactions, process improvements, productivity opportunities, documentation updates and training.
Essential Functions / Responsibilities :
- Maintain a thorough understanding and documentation of the end to end processes related to payment services, including transaction flows, payment channels, key systems, and inputs and the implications to the GL and reconciliation process.
- Manage the team issues and questions, raising concerns to appropriate internal and external stakeholders for research and resolution.
- Partner with other department managers and the AVP, Payment Services to ensure that all payments suspense, bank advice and return items are researched and cleared accurately within approved timelines.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining dashboard metrics to monitor controllership.
- Incorporate business policy changes into existing processes and update documentation (job aids and training documents) as needed.
- Partner with the reconciliation team and manager to ensure that all aging reconciliation items are researched and resolved within appropriate timelines.
- Provide key leadership in proactively researching, identifying and implementing process improvement/simplification initiatives.
- Liaison between audit teams (internal and external) and the AVP, Payment Services, facilitating audit reviews, documentation gathering and process reviews.
- Support any conversion or deconversions from a trailing payment perspective.
- Provide leadership, coaching and on-going feedback to the team over all processes.
- Act as a leader and become a SME in the payments process by understanding the wing-to-wing flow.
- Perform other duties and special projects as needed.
Qualifications / Requirements :
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or related Business degree, or in lieu of a degree, 8 years accounting/finance experience.
- Minimum of 5 years accounting experience and demonstrated experience leading teams or projects.
- Minimum of 2 years- experience with General Ledger and other Accounting systems.
Desired Characteristics :
- Prior Financial Services industry experience
- Oracle GL experience
- T-Recs experience
- Prior servicing system experience in FD, VisionPLUS, GECOM, and/or RMS
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office product suite
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- Demonstrated interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Ability to handle multiple project/priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated commitment to quality and customer service