HR at Synchrony International Services Private Limited
Views:568 Applications:137 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Synchrony - Manager - Credit Models (3-9 yrs)
Manager , Credit Models (HO)
As a member of Credit Models team, you would be managing the models through their lifecycle, i.e. from initiation to retirement. You will be exposed to activities ranging from (but not limiting to) model development, evaluation, validation, monitoring, implementation testing and documentation. You will have an opportunity to learn industry best practices in credit models development and will also be working on experimental models using machine learning techniques. You will also own the models and be a SPOC for all assessment by Risk Management team.
Essential Functions / Responsibilities:
- Credit risk model development using traditional logistic regression and machine learning techniques
- Validation and monitoring of internal and external credit models by computing standard metrics
- Automate the model monitoring reports using the available tool suite- SAS, Python, Tableau etc.
- Detailed documentation of the model development activity for review from Risk Management
- Lead the Model Monitoring efforts, work closely with Model Owners, Model Users and Report execution teams to track and understand model performance, deep dive to find root causes for performance deteriorations, and device action plans for the same.
- Brainstorm initiate and own ad-hoc analysis to prove any hypothesis.
- Support Model Risk Management team in completing their responsibilities including but not limited to Model validation reviews, annual reviews, periodical assessment and rating of the model performance.
- Work with Credit & Fraud strategy teams to understand how the models are used in the strategies, understand, and explain the changes in model performance and suggest any changes that might be required in strategies.
- Work with various vendors to aggregate various types of information available with multiple vendors at one place.
- Identify use cases of such aggregated data and identify areas where the new data sources can add value to the acquisition process.
- Identify and evaluate new vendors that provide alternative data that can solve our existing business problems or provide competitive advantage.
- Work independently with stakeholders on multiple projects and perform other duties and/or special projects as assigned.
- Provide analytic support on key business initiatives and develop a strong working knowledge of the data warehouse and applicable analytic data systems
Qualifications / Requirements:
- 3+ yrs of exp in building credit models using SAS and Python or R, Logistical/Linear/Regressions CHAID/CART/Clustering techniques, Consumer Credit and Credit bureau data
- Master's /Bachelor's Degree in Mathematics/Statistics, Operations Research, Economics, Any Engineering with at least 2 years - experience in Consumer Credit orin lieu of a degree,
- 3+ years of experience in Consumer Credit and working knowledge of credit bureau data
- Must have at least 2 years hand on experience in building credit models using SAS or Python or R
- Working knowledge of Logistical/Linear/Regressions CHAID/CART/Clustering techniques.
- Ability to decipher complex data and effectively present and communicate in a clear and concise manner
- Strong written/oral communication skills and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Working knowledge of credit bureau data
- Work experience in a US financial institution or bank
- Development of identity theft and transaction fraud detection models
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.