Synchrony - Manager - Business Intelligence (2-10 yrs)
Venue Location : Chennai
Date of Interview : 22nd & 23rd February 2020 (Saturday & Sunday)
Timings : 10am to 6pm
Venue: Grand by GRT Hotels
Address: 120, Sir Thyagaraya Road, T-Nagar, Chennai - 600017
JOB LOCATION : HYDERABAD
Title : Manager - Business Intelligence
Role Summary/Purpose :
- The role of the Manager, Business Intelligence is responsible for developing and maintaining reporting solutions and dashboards to drive action-oriented results for the department.
- This includes key performance indicators for cardholders and accounts, as well as metrics to support collections and recovery operations, strategy development and execution.
- The Manager leads these projects from beginning to end andprovides mentorship and leadership in the team to junior analysts. This is an important role in the success of the department and will partner cross functionally to support the department and business.
Essential Functions/Responsibilities :
- Provide dashboard, business intelligence and reporting support to the department through the utilization of reporting skills and business knowledge.
- Provide support for key initiatives through the development of dashboards and reports for accounts across all delinquency stages and portfolios. Leverage findings to drive collection effectiveness and increase recoveries.
- Manage projects with guidance and direction from manager.
- Conduct ad- hoc reports and requests as needed.
- Maintain / automate existing reports and dashboards
- Provide mentorship and assistance to junior level analysts in the team.
- Perform other duties and/or special projects as assigned.
Qualifications/ Requirements :
- Bachelor's degree or master's in mathematics/Statistics, Operations Research, Economics, Computer Science/Engineering or other quantitative majors, or equivalent experience beyond Bachelor's degree.
- 5+ years combined experience in Collections, Risk or Marketing Analytics or Information Technology BI function.
- 5+ years coding or utilizing data extraction tools: SQL, SAS, Python, R, Toad, AQT. (Must be able to code)
- 2+ years- experience utilizing reporting tools and software for Business Intelligence: Business Objects, Crystal Reports, Micro strategy & SAS BI
- 2+ years- experience utilizing Tableau
Desired Qualifications :
- 4+ years experience utilizing reporting tools and software for Business Intelligence including Business Objects, Crystal Reports & SAS BI
- 2+ years of Agile development experience
- 2+ years of JIRA (Agile project management tool) experience.
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills.
- Advanced programming and visualization skills.
- Solid understanding of credit card and financial services industry.
- Master's degree (Business or Science Related Field).
- Experience working with large amounts of data.
- 5+ years- experience in Financial Services industry
- Strong project management, communication, and relationship management skills.
- Proven decision making skills.