Manager-Talent Acquisition at Synchrony Financial (Formerly GE Capital)
Views:3445 Applications:102 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:1
Synchrony Financial - Senior Analyst - Closing & Funding (4-10 yrs)
Position Title: Senior Analyst - Closing & Funding
Work Timings: 4pm to 1am IST, during month end closing (6.30pm to 3.30am IST)
- This position entails senior level accounting responsibilities for Synchrony Financial.
- Areas include intercompany accounting, brokered CD and other deposit accounting, and familiarity with the flows from securitization including due to/due froms and restricted cash.
- This position will reconcile miscellaneous general ledger accounts and calculate journal entries as assigned.
- The position will also provide variance analysis on assigned accounts and perform ad-hoc requests as required.
- Prepare month-end journal entries where needed in various areas including intercompany, brokered CD, wholesale deposits, etc.
- Prepare or review assigned reconciliations and ensure compliance with GE's 8 Corporate Criteria for account reconciliations
- Provide variance analysis on assigned accounts
- Provide analysis and closing and funding support to Closing and Funding Controllers
- Participate in process improvement initiatives; Perform special projects and other duties as assigned
- Subject Matter Expert for a variety of accounting flows including Intercompany, Brokered CD, wholesale deposit and securitization accounting
- Opportunities to develop key business knowledge and Synchrony Financial accounting expertise
- Broad exposure to a variety of business processes, people, and systems along with opportunities to participate in change and improvement initiatives
- Maintaining controllership in a complex/changing business environment
- Participating in a process flow performed in various locations
- Understanding and documenting work flow from diversified sources of input
- Establishing and maintaining accountability for resolution of reconciling items and their root causes
- Maintaining key, crisp and accurate documentation for areas of responsibility including KAIs as it relates to account reconciliations
- Qualified CA/CWA/CPA
- Minimum of four years of accounting experience
- Demonstrated commitment to quality and customer service
- Should have knowledge working on Accounting & Reconciliation, Securitization, Inter Company Accounting, Lease Accounting, Debt Accounting (Close & Funding)
- Candidate should have valid passport as this might include travelling to US for transition
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Personal computer proficiency (software: MS Office preferred)
- Excellent organizational and follow-up skills
- Demonstrated interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Ability to execute in a fluctuating environment
- Oracle experience a plus
- Experience being a part of a virtual team and leading/participating on conference calls
- Excellent Analytical and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to multi task, with a strong eye for detail and resolve issues in a timely manner
- Strong team work mindset with a demonstrated ability to prioritize competing priorities
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.