StockGro - Manager/Senior Manager - Finance - CA (7-8 yrs)
StockGro is a mobile-first cross-platform (Android & iOS, Mobile + Web App) Fintech product that's empowering 10 million+ users to master the art of trading and investment in a risk-free and gamified manner. At StockGro - India's First and Largest Social Investment Platform, users indulge in Social Investing and learn various trading strategies by interacting with leading fund managers; F&O traders, and algo traders. We have some brilliant minds with us, working on a mission to make 400 million Indian millennials investment-ready, with Senior Executives from Sequoia, Swiggy, Glance, Airtel, Uber, and institutions like ISB, NITs, and IIMs. The company recently announced a USD 32mn Series A round and the total capital raised by the Company till date is USD 40mn+
About the Role :
- A Financial Controller is a crucial role in the life cycle of every firm. The role oversees corporate finance & business finance disciplines within the company.
- As a Financial Controller, you would be assisting Finance Advisory towards Business growth, Financial health, and complete accounting.
A more detailed responsibility matrix comprises of:
- Overall responsibility for the AP, AR, regulatory compliance, payments business accounting, IT process controls etc.
- Setting up new ERP / systems for accounting function.
- Finalize Trial balance and P & L, balance sheet, cash flow for monthly reporting & Statutory audit
- Responsible for Bookkeeping, Cash flow management, and MIS reporting
- Managing all accounting operations including Billing, A/R, A/P, GL and Counsel, Cost accounting & Revenue recognition.
- Own and manage health insurance, payroll, HR, PF, and related enrollments for new hires in the India entity.
- Prepare and publish timely monthly financial statements.
- Analysis of the financial results and identifying opportunities for strategic cost management.
- Lead the direct and indirect taxes compliance for the entire company including deduction of TDS, filing of returns, GST etc.
- Setup controls monitoring program for payment business transactions.
- Develop and maintain internal control and effective accounting system and policies.
- Develop and implement SOPs for various business processes after aligning with the stakeholders and ensure compliance.
- Research technical accounting issues for compliance.
- Support month-end and year-end close processes.
You can be a great fit if you are:
- Passionate about creating things from Scratch and experience of working with early stage startups with strong communication skills
- Must be a CA and have 6-8 years of experience of working MNC, Big 4 for financial advisory
- 7+ years of accounting and finance experience with progressively increasing responsibilities
- Full understanding of regulatory reporting and compliance in India GAAP.
- Strong knowledge of Excel, Tally and business reporting tool for Accounting, data modeling, financial analysis, and visualization.