Manager - Recruitment at State Street
Views:1353 Applications:166 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:131
State Street - Vice President - Fund Accounting (13-22 yrs)
Vice President : Fund Accounting - Night Shift (Bangalore / Hyderabad)
- State Street Corporation (NYSE: STT) is the world's leading provider of financial services to institutional investors including investment servicing, investment management and investment research and trading. With $28.40 trillion in assets under custody and administration and $2.48 trillion in assets under management as of June 30, 2014, State Street operates globally in more than 100 geographic markets and employs 29,420 worldwide. For more information, visit State Street's website at www.statestreet.com. Promoting a culture of excellence
- With more than 29,420 employees across 29 countries, at State Street, our people are our greatest asset. We recognize that highly skilled, engaged and productive employees are essential to our success. Our company values reflect our commitment to employee engagement, Global Inclusion and corporate social responsibility - to help you build a fulfilling career. Around the world, we aim to be an employer of choice by offering competitive compensation and benefits, personal and professional development opportunities, and a work environment that promotes a diverse array of people, ideas and skills. We're a company that insists on, and rewards, performance excellence. We know our success hinges on attracting the best people to join us - people like you.
- State Street supports flexible work arrangements where determined feasible, consistent with business and operational needs. Subject to an individualized assessment of these considerations, roles may be identified as potentially suited for a flexible work arrangement. Requests for a flexible work arrangement can be made upon hire. All employees at State Street have the ability to request flexible work arrangements, with the final decision based solely on business discretion and subject to management approval. More information is available here. We encourage you to explore the possibilities that a career at State Street can offer you. State Street is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and prohibits discrimination against applicants or employees on the basis of any legally protected characteristic.
Purpose of the Job (list the primary job duties and responsibilities) :
- The main function of the role is: Account for the day-to-day management of a functional/oversight team(s) and manage daily service delivery and production activities performed by staff. Work in conjunction with individuals on the team as well as other Shared Service teams/COE- s, outsource locations, Client Operations and other business units to ensure seamless processing according to the fund's policies, to ensure NAV/yield accuracy and that all SLAs are met. As well as, Work collaboratively with teams and management across the organization on various projects, oversight, committees, KPIs, etc.
Act as the primary contact and key escalation point for operational issues, as well as provide technical expertise to resolve daily problems.
- Manage and escalate issues related to BU Shared Services and COE's.
- Manage departments overtime budget effectively, indirectly responsible for other department budget matters.
- Ensure appropriate records of daily and monthly activities are kept.
- Assist with compliance/fiduciary reviews, controls, and audits as needed.
- Establish and maintain files, including highly confidential and sensitive information, which pertains to clients and division/corporate operations, as well as short/long-term strategies, budgets, etc.
- Assess impacts of regulatory changes.
- Identify and implement consistent operational best practices.
- Organize Shared Service internal meetings and compiles related documentation, assisting with the coordination and development of the agenda and may attend meetings to record notes and action items.
- Coordinate the implementation of new funds, systems and processes as well as assists with client conversions and other client projects.
- Train, develop and motivate new staff, as well as complete performance appraisals.
- Provide staffing recommendations by interviewing new personnel and making effective hiring decisions.
- Serve on committees and help define and implement new company initiatives.
- Provide coaching and development opportunities to staff, participate in individual on-going training and development.
- Has accountability and responsibility for completing and delivering PPRs on time.
- Make effective recommendations to hire, discipline, control work and terminate employment.
- Make effective recommendations for promotions, salary increases and bonuses.
- During the course of normal day to day operations, responsible for identifying any unusual or potentially suspicious transaction activity and must report and/or escalate in accordance with corporate policy and guidelines detailed in relevant operating procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Commerce / Economics with a specialization in Business, Accounting, Finance or equivalent experience preferred
- At least 5+ years of related Custody and/or Fund Accounting experience, part of which must have been in a management or supervisory capacity. (Overall experience of 12+ years)
- Knowledge of securities language and legal requirements.
- Good interpersonal, organizational and management skills.
- Solid understanding of operational functions within Custody and/or Fund Accounting. Ability to provide technical expertise to resolve daily problems.
- Demonstrated computer proficiency and working knowledge of various software applications.