State Street - Senior Specialist - Portfolio Strategy - Fixed Income Investments Domain (6-10 yrs)
State Street - Senior Specialist - Portfolio Strategy - Fixed Income Investments Domain
State Street Global Advisors (SSGA), one of the industry's largest institutional asset managers, is the investment management arm of State Street Bank and Trust Company, a wholly-owned subsidiary of State Street Corporation, a leading provider of financial services to institutional investors. The Portfolio Strategy and Business Management Team is responsible for a broad collection of activities required to successfully commercialise and service our investment capabilities within different sales channels, client types or geographies.
This position will be a member of the Investment organization, with matrix reporting to the EMEA Head of Fixed Income Strategists. This position will help support the firm's indexed fixed income business in EMEA, but also with the potential to support and ultimately lead certain client facing responsibilities efforts in the APAC ex-Japan Institutional market. Responsibilities will include:
- Serve as a Fixed Income subject matter expert internally to Strategists and sales/Relationship Managers, both in terms of market-related knowledge as well as understanding of SSGA's Indexed Fixed Income strategies, client portfolios and solutions.
- Support client engagement and business development needs by producing collateral such as client review decks, commentaries - and help answer investment related questions in RFPs etc.,
- Work closely with other members of the global portfolio specialist team to support Fixed Income Strategist team leads, manage a team of three junior team members locally, and serve as a mentor/ role model.
- Write and publish effective, thematic thought leadership pieces supporting Indexed Fixed Income or targeting specific client segments/products/FI sub-asset classes.
- In due course, to meet with institutional clients, prospects, and consultants (either independently or along with a Strategist or Account lead) in the APAC region - to engage in portfolio performance reviews, discussions about SSGA's capabilities, economic and market themes, asset allocation outlook etc.,
- Assist senior Portfolio Managers in client specific ad-hoc analysis, proposing custom solutions or building model portfolios on an ad-hoc basis.
- Act as point of contact within investment team for Indexed FI Clients in the APAC region (~$20 bn across 35+ accounts) and work proactively with the investment team as well as other middle-office teams to address challenges arising from performance, attribution, risk management, idiosyncratic account specific issues etc.,
- Influence and work collaboratively with other teams, both closer to the money (desk portfolio managers, traders), similar hierarchy (other asset class specialists such as Equities, ISG) and support teams (performance, operations, RFP etc.,) to aid broader business goals.
- 6-10 years' experience in investment strategy, portfolio management, product management, investment research or an equivalent role. 4 years of Fixed Income experience essential (preferably in a buy-side or an asset management firm).
- Attainment of an advanced degree in business or finance, and/or a CFA/FRM designation is a strong plus.
- Experience with institutional client relationships and/or client engagement. Experience in Emerging Markets Fixed Income and/or knowledge on current ESG investing practices, or work towards an ESG Certification is a bonus.
- Excellent quantitative skills are required, in particular the ability to analyze and evaluate numerical data and present and explain findings.
- Previous experience working with financial software (Bloomberg HPA, Barclays POINT, Bloomberg PORT/IQ/PREP, JPM Data Query, Barclays Bond Screening tool), any other proprietary attribution tools.
- Positive attitude, strong work ethic, rigorous attention to detail, ability to work independently without constant supervision, yet also maintain strong relationship across counterparts globally.
- Capability to work in a hybrid work model (3 days per week from office in Bangalore).
We employ a diverse group of investment professionals within our 26 worldwide locations and 10 investment centers. As an organization, we are committed to corporate social responsibility. Active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader, is a fundamental value at State Street. You'll have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.