HR at StateStreet
Views:580 Applications:130 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:17
State Street - Quant Analyst - Investment Research (5-10 yrs)
Please apply on if your profile matches requirement.
- State Street Global Advisors is the asset management business of State Street Corporation, one of the world's leading providers of financial services to institutional investors with over $3.5 trillion in assets under management and a heritage dating back over two centuries. Backed by the strength and stability of the State Street organization, SSGA makes continual investments in asset management and client servicing platforms, resulting in a client-focused, solutions-driven orientation.
Position : SSGA is seeking Quantitative Analysts for its Global Systematic Fixed Income and Equities team. This team is responsible for the development of investible strategies and though leading research in factor based or smart beta Investing.
- The analyst will be part of the team responsible for developing investment strategies, engaging in research, creating proprietary solutions and writing papers for publication. The development of strategies will be done with a close focus on the implementability of this research and will therefore require a level of market knowledge and attention.
- The ideal candidate has a minimum of 5 years of investment experience and demonstrated quantitative skills.
- A Bachelor's degree in engineering and sciences is required; advanced degree (MBA, MA, or MS) or CFA is preferred
- At least 5 years of investment experience is required, preferably with knowledge of factor research either through active quantitative research, smart beta/risk premia research. Factor research can be in either an academic or industry setting.
- Strong quantitative skills are required. Knowledge of statistical packages (preferably Python or R)and SQL is highly recommended. Experience dealing with large data sets is preferred.
- Familiarity with front office tools such as FactSet, Bloomberg, etc. is highly recommended.
- Good communications skills and strong process, organizational, time and project management skills are necessary
- A desire to develop creative and innovative solutions is highly recommended