Talent Acquisition at State Street
Views:2870 Applications:213 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:17
State Street - Assistant Vice President - Middle Office Port Administration - APAC Region (13-15 yrs)
Middle office Port Administration APAC - Assistant Vice President
Job Description Summary :
- Portfolio Administration is responsible for all operational duties for a set of portfolios within an investment strategy. Directly Responsible for supporting and servicing Portfolio Managers managing funds segregated based on strategy. AVP therefore requires strong staff management and client servicing skills as well as relevant industry experience.
- He will be responsible to produce results of daily deliverable and is expected to work with little to no oversight, identify and resolve trends and educate and train staff on new issues.
Job Description :
- Develop and build up a strong relationship with internal and external clients
- Assume managerial oversight of all operations conducted by the assigned team(s) in India
- Ensure sufficiently trained staff is available to service the client/s and deliver quality service
- Assume responsibility for the implementation of client specific projects (new business development review, planning & roll out)
- Conduct Performance appraisals and objective setting
- Provide timely updates on issues affecting daily production to governance and carry out necessary corrective action
- Manage on-going relationships with the goal of meeting/exceeding service delivery standards
- Work to broaden scope of services in India to support overall global strategy
- Represent State Street by serving on internal and external committees and industry associations
- Evaluate current methods and strategies. Communicate and manage implementation of changes and improvements
- Responsible for execution of overall business plan in assigned areas
- Responsible for the direction and development of subordinate managers at all levels as well as staff
- Resolve employee complaints and escalations
- Evaluate subordinate managerial performance
- Continually review the Operating Environment & implement improvements where necessary
- Maintain open lines of communication and ensure regular interaction with onshore oversight teams
- Identify data or accounts trends for discussion in group meetings.
- Remain familiar with back-up procedures when system applications and/or transmission problems arise.
- Build cooperative and professional internal/external relationships achieving group and client goals. Utilize all available resources throughout SSC.
- Cover various management functions and desk coverage when necessary.
- Interact with clients and be prepared for all meetings
- Prepare oversight reports for audit where applicable.
- Take ownership of issues to resolution, engage teams as needed to gain consensus.
- Manage staff to meet goals.
- Track work effort and goals. Escalate issues timely.
- Ensure that the highest level of the Code of Conduct is displayed in your behaviour
- Provide appropriate management information as required to support business unit decision making
- Support the - Risk Excellence- culture within the business
- Adhere to limits of delegation and escalation procedures required by your manager so that you comply with internal policies and external regulations
- Demonstrate the Risk Excellence culture in your behavior
- Ensure that your team has clear understanding of their reporting lines, authority levels, scope of responsibilities (including those delegated to them and those they delegate), objectives, training and competency requirements plus progress is reviewed regularly in line with Company policy, and are regulatory registered where appropriate for their role
- Develop effective working relationships and communications with staff and ensure that staff are motivated, developed and supported.
- Establish and monitor systems of control, delegated authority and escalation procedures so that the business complies with internal policies and external regulations and can be managed effectively
- Adhere to the delegation and oversight (management information and escalation) framework in the performance of daily tasks. This includes taking proactive action to ensure there is adequate production of management information that is fits for purpose, and issues are raised as appropriate
- Establish and monitor an effective delegation framework to ensure that tasks are performed by staff members with appropriate capacity and authority level (based on knowledge, skills and competence).
- Establish and monitor an effective oversight framework to ensure that issues are appropriately identified, escalated and resolved.
This includes :
a) Ensuring that appropriate management information is received, considered and challenged as appropriate at intervals proportionate to the risks
b) Ensuring That staff members have clear understanding of the escalation path/principles
- Establish and nurture a culture of - Risk Excellence within the team, encourage an environment of openness that welcomes effective challenge and supports open discussion.
- Ensure that you make reasonable decisions by exercising reasonable care when considering information available to you. This includes taking proactive action to ensure that the information you have is suitable and adequate.
- Establish and nurture a culture of individual ownership of tasks to embed a clear individual sense of accountability into staff members behavior in performing their roles.
- Ensure that the highest level of the Code of Conduct is displayed in your own and staff behavior.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.