Talent Acquisition at State Street
Views:1284 Applications:166 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:128
State Street - Assistant Vice President - Financial Reporting - Mutual Fund Vertical (10-13 yrs)
Functional Job Title: Assistant Vice President
Reports To: Vice President
Job Location: Bangalore
Shift Timings: 11:00 AM IST to 8:00 PM IST / 12:00 PM IST to 9:00 PM IST
(candidate must be flexible to work in any shift starting 6.00 am IST)
State Street Corporation (NYSE: STT) is the world's leading provider of financial services to institutional investors including investment servicing, investment management and investment research and trading. With $28.40 trillion in assets under custody and administration and $2.48 trillion in assets under management as of June 30, 2014, State Street operates globally in more than 100 geographic markets and employs 29,420 worldwide. For more information, visit State Street's website at www.statestreet.com.
Promoting a culture of excellence
With more than 29,420 employees across 29 countries, at State Street, our people are our greatest asset. We recognize that highly skilled, engaged and productive employees are essential to our success. Our company values reflect our commitment to employee engagement, Global Inclusion and corporate social responsibility - to help you build a fulfilling career. Around the world, we aim to be an employer of choice by offering competitive compensation and benefits, personal and professional development opportunities, and a work environment that promotes a diverse array of people, ideas and skills. We're a company that insists on, and rewards, performance excellence. We know our success hinges on attracting the best people to join us - people like you.
State Street supports flexible work arrangements where determined feasible, consistent with business and operational needs. Subject to an individualized assessment of these considerations, roles may be identified as potentially suited for a flexible work arrangement. Requests for a flexible work arrangement can be made upon hire. All employees at State Street have the ability to request flexible work arrangements, with the final decision based solely on business discretion and subject to management approval. More information is available here. We encourage you to explore the possibilities that a career at State Street can offer you.
State Street is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and prohibits discrimination against applicants or employees on the basis of any legally protected characteristic.
Purpose of the Job
- The purpose of the job is to provide end to end support to investment company clients for timely completion of preparation of financial statements, portfolio schedules and associated mandatory reporting's within stringent deadlines for audit / review and successful submission to the regulators.
- Selected candidates will be required to work in 2 pm to 11 pm IST shift for first 3-4 months to allow reasonable overlap with US hours and allow for trainings, on the job practice, feedback etc.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Manage relationships with client companies, making sure that requests are being met and that clients are satisfied with the level of service.
- Monitor day-to-day management of team members and actively manage and maintain successful long-term relationships of assigned clients, and proactively escalate issues to Unit Head
- Collaborate with appropriate teams globally to ensure consistent service delivery, client solutions and client satisfaction. Also may need to play as Governance with our JVs.
- Provide coaching and development opportunities to staff and responsible for completing and delivering PPRs on time
- Make effective recommendations to hire, discipline, control work, determine promotions, and terminate employment.
- Manage the implementation of all standard practices, processes, tools, etc. and initiatives and technology enhancements, while assessing operational effectiveness and making suggestions to streamline functions
- Contribute to enhancing our regulatory standing and execute on critical regulatory and control management plans, including those contributing to the successful execution of ORI initiatives.
- Proactively manage risk at the business level. Ensure appropriate procedures are in place for team, recommend additional controls and risk management strategies.
- Responsible for client communication and implementation of new regulatory requirements/disclosures that impact the financial statements
- Perform 1st, 2nd, risk-based and targeted reviews on client financial statements, NQ, Form N-MFP, N-SAR, etc.
- Ensure all regulatory filings are made on time
- Other duties as assigned
Education & Experience :
Education Requirements :
- Bachelor's Degree in Commerce / Economics with a specialization n Business, Accounting, Finance or equivalent experience preferred, CA preferred
- Well versed with US GAAP/ IFRS etc.
Experience Requirements :
- 10+ years of experience in mutual funds/Hedge funds Financial Reporting & accounting, auditing or related business activity.
- Strong financial reporting, regulatory compliance and tax skills.
- Well versed with US GAAP/IFRS etc.
- Ability to develop business relationships, both within and outside of the organization.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills.
- Knowledge of SEC, IRS, and general ledger accounting requirements and laws as they apply to investment companies, Trusts, Partnerships and other fund structures services by GISG.
- Strong problem resolution and analytical skills.
- Computer proficient.
The above cited duties and responsibilities describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to the job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all the duties and responsibilities that an incumbent may be expected or asked to perform.