State Head - Health Ministry Consulting - BDS/MPH (8-15 yrs)
State Head- BDS/MPH- Health Ministry Consulting
- With government partners, develop strategy in health financing reforms in India, develop clear operational plans for execution, and continually identify opportunities to add value and maximize impact.
- Develop new partnerships and proposals to secure funding for new areas.
- Lead engagement across government agencies and state and central levels in the design, implementation and improvement of reform.
- Focus on identifying and addressing hurdles to success with evidence based innovative approaches. Identify and address capacity building needs, ensuring skills transfer and government ownership in all projects.
- Oversee/manage an embedded team responsible for providing support to the National Health Authority and State Health Agencies in three states to institutionalize routine management dashboards and advanced data analytics of enrolment, empanelment, utilization and claims data to identify and address key challenges. Support use of evidence to identify gaps in implementation, improving service coverage and adjusting pricing, payment and packages. Build capacity within government for evidence-based management.
- Support the use of evidence and operational research to strengthen strategic purchasing, including revision of packages and tariffs as well as provider contracting and payment. Advise senior managers on strategic and policy decisions and support troubleshooting on core insurance functions. Facilitate input from key experts and practitioners
- Coordinate and communicate regularly with partner institutions new opportunities for engagement, and technical and financial resourcing. Hire and manage staff and consultants to support work as needed.
- Represent network on a Steering Committee including donors and partners to discuss progress and challenges and coordinate support across institutions.
- Participate in technical working groups and/or other high level meetings and conferences,
- Provide coordination support between the center and state governments, setting up systems for feedback and knowledge sharing between states, between states and central and across units of government, as well as with other academic and research units. Work with partners to set up exchange workshops and meetings for practitioner to practitioner exchange.
- Develop strong working relationships with key stakeholders in government, international partners, donors and NGOs, and ensure maximum coordination of resources and effort.
- Other responsibilities as needed.
- Minimum of 7-10 years of experience.
- Experience working on large scale health reforms and ideally health insurance (public and/or private). Experience in India is an advantage.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively as part of a management team, ideally in the context of a growing team and/or a team with several senior managers
- Advanced degree in a relevant area such as public health, health economics, management is preferred.
- Knowledge of and experience in economic evaluation and health technology assessment is an advantage.
- Knowledge of and experience in advanced analytics is an advantage.
- Entrepreneurial mind-set, including ability to work independently, self-motivate, and propose and implement new initiatives.
- Demonstrated success in coordinating various stakeholders/interests (public sector engagement would be highly relevant) and developing strong relationships in order to drive a process successfully.
- Ability to think strategically, handle ambiguity, and problem solve in a fast-paced, limited-structure, multicultural environment.
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel, PowerPoint and Word. - Willingness to travel to states at short notice, even to remote places and for extended periods (~35% travel).
- Excellent analytical (qualitative and quantitative) skills and communication (written and verbal) skills.
- Fluency in English
- Fluency in Hindi.