HR at Star Union-Daichi Life
Views:2685 Applications:245 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:30
Star Union Dai-ichi Life Insurance - Head - Analytics & Business Intelligence (12-20 yrs)
Key Impact Areas
- Quality and speed of decision making and actions in various layers across the organization from top management to front line sales officers, through the following:
1. Directly provide useful timely data/information in pre-defined format via suitable methodology based on the organization/functional requirement which may change from time to time, by developing and operating MIS generating mechanism.
2. Create and maintain an environment which targeted users can by their own utilize/analyse useful data for their requirements in timely manner, by developing and operating standardized data/information platform which is accessible and usable with minimum training requirement (ideally without training).
3. Provide analytical tool/solution based on discussion with relevant stakeholders.
- Timely and accurate regulatory reporting.
- Keep improving effectiveness and efficiency of all above by applying appropriate technology.
- MIS generation and delivery
- Generate all regular MIS under agreed format, frequency/timing, methodology and accuracy, as single point provider of MIS in the organization
- Create ad hoc MIS based on organizational requirement based on discussion with relevant stakeholder
- Automate all regular and agreed ad hoc MIS within agreed timeline
- IRDAI reporting (for assigned ones)
- Generate all assigned regular and ad hoc IRDAI reports under agreed format, frequency/timing and methodology
- Automate all regular and agreed ad hoc IRDAI reports within agreed timeline
- Data-warehouse, data standardization and cleansing
- Develop organization-wide standardized data/information platform to store the data which is accessible and usable with minimum training requirement (ideally without training) (- Data-warehouse- )
- Maintain and operate the Data-warehouse once developed.
- Plan and execute data standardization or/and cleansing projects assigned based on organization requirement from time to time
- Analytical modelling
- Develop analytical (statistical) modelling framework for predictive modelling of the key organization measures based on discussions with relevant departments spanning across areas of business, transaction handling, risk mitigation, governance, financial and people (- Analytical modelling framework- ).
- Maintain and operate the Analytical modelling framework once developed.
- Identify, implement and drive adoption of new analytic technologies and solutions.
- Actionable insights from data monitoring and analysis.
- Monitor MIS and perform in-depth analysis if required
- Provide actionable insights to stakeholders based on above analysis
- Periodically assess the relevance of MIS, Data-warehouse and Analytical modelling framework in terms of requirement and technology, propose solutions when appropriate, and implement agreed solutions.
- Build and maintain internal BIU team with appropriate skillsets to execute above-
Technical Competencies / Specializations
Analytical/Mathematical skills/Knowledge -
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, is metrics and number savvy
- Complex data modelling and data mining skills
- Excellent Knowledge of Performance dashboards, regulatory, management & functional reports
Skills/experience on specific applications/soft wares -
- Working Knowledge on MS SQL
- Experience with Visualization Tools such as QlikView, Tableau or Power BI
- Proficiency in MS Office specially Excel and PowerPoint
- Working experience with BI tools like Cognos, Pentaho, etc (preferred)
General Skills -
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple analytical projects / adhoc requests to support business initiatives
- Ability to nurture and manage team of high performers & provide leadership in the area of complex data management solutions
- High on energy with positive outlook.
- Should have technology orientation and attitude to challenge status-quo.
- Strong interpersonal, influencing skills & ability to engage meaningfully with senior business leaders and stakeholders
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills including presentation skills