Resourcing Specialist at Standard Chartered
Views:752 Applications:73 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:33
Standard Chartered - Head - India Onboarding & CDD COE Operations (15-25 yrs)
Head, India Onboarding and CDD COE Operations
- To manage Client On-Boarding, On-going reviews (including RFI linked to Transaction Monitoring & Name Screening) and CMLCO Mandated Off-Boarding reviews including high risk clients
- Adopt DWD and other principles as communicated by the CJ head such as having an End-to-end client focus, commitment to real time and high speed processing, quick decisions, etc.
- Implementing and driving the client journey objectives to CPBB's strategic agenda
- Driving defined strategy/ scorecards/ objectives in areas of competitive advantage in the Client Onboarding domain (including change management within the domain)
- Drive and Embed digitization principles in redesigning for straight - through-processing whenever possible
- Adopt existing and future process and technology initiatives and deliver outcome on standard metrics / scorecard for onboarding, e.g. productivity, accuracy, service levels, losses/lapses, issues and ORF related to onboarding
- Achieve high productivity and efficiency thereby resulting in improved service quality and a high level of client experience by maintaining a strong stakeholder management across functions to deliver end state process. This includes prioritizing initiatives and decisions related to the process.
- Closely work with Client Journey Head, GBS and other stakeholders to agree and resolve issues around the operating model, systems and processes to ensure these are considered and prioritised into investment plans, remediation initiatives and any other process as appropriate.
- To ensure that CDD thersholds are not breached month on month with respective to PRR and TRR. To manage the overdue numbers within the threshold levels.
- To obtain guidance on Group AML CDD initiatives and agree on solutions on thematic issues
- To support countries on any CDD Uplift / Data Remediation programs
- Directly accountable for risk management inherent in processes executed by On-boarding and CDD Operations teams.
Domain Capabilities: Product / Domain Knowledge
- Strategic perspective and full understanding of On-boarding and CDD Policies, Procedures and Guidelines. Able to understand the product vis-a vis the other policies and identify any gaps to mitigate operational risks
- Work with stakeholders to operationalise the new products and draw up a process flow
- Ability to standardize and optimize processes across markets
- Full understanding of regulatory and customer risks in a product offering and devising processes to address them
- Contributes to and implements changes to policies and procedures.
- Defines products and describes complex procedures (knowledge)
- Researches and considers industry and product developments
- Contributes to new product development, if required
- Instinctive grasp gained out of experience of linkages between sub processes and related ability to identify gaps arising from any process change
- Receive environmental (regulatory, credit, market) news and evaluate processes to see if improvement is needed to meet new challenges
- Operates and makes decisions in an environment which is largely non routine, unpredictable and complex
- Actively provide input for process improvements and ability to sponsor automation and implementation of end state process
- Ability to translate process feature into system functionality
- Takes well informed risks to pursue activities with a superior return
- Determines resources that will be required to achieve future projects and strategies.
- Analyses business trends and recognize the risk element in the changed patterns.
- Differentiates the changed patterns at a transactional and at a business level.
- Able to control over-management of processes on account of fear of failure
- Develops a set of tools and techniques and drives their application and strives to develop and upgrade the tools used
- Forecasts future business activities, future system requirements.
Operational risk Management
- Ensure deeper understanding of transaction processing risks and provide management intervention
- Understand the Risk Dynamics, Global pressure points, stress in Market environment, Risk on global macroeconomics and its impact on operations
- Understand and implement the Group risk management policies, processes and structures
- Able to identify and assimilate the scope of complex risks in order to create central risk management policies and procedures.
- Highlight to Management and stakeholder's business risk, evaluate impact and design/ execute actions to mitigate same.
- Ability to involve other business functions in resolving/ mitigating risk issues
- Understands and ensures awareness business policies, standard procedures and best practices
- Active management of operational losses and provide a sustainable fix
- Executes tasks and assignments accurately within team and self
- Possesses ability to differentiate between quality and excellence in the real time BAU activities
- Able to provide solutions and ideas to bring down errors.
- Create an error free culture by leveraging behavioural recognition, system requirements and other pressure points
- Create a collaborative mindset towards driving quality work
- Takes ownership of team goals and organizational goals in addition to their own
- Good understanding of customer's requirements and what's generally offered by other similar set-ups.
- Able to generate improvement ideas from indicators and drive the team to achieve same.
- Can network with customers and able to manage expectations
- Can serve customer with high quality service within boundaries of policies and procedures without compromising on mandated procedures and able to convince customers on exceptions
- Is courageous to communicate to the customer on negative trends of service and actual root causes
- Shares critical information in a timely and effective manner
- Possess ability to understand differences in the target audience and accordingly modifies the communication style across differing cultures.
- Possess negotiation skills to achieve common goals.
- Be spontaneous in communication and handle criticisms effectively
- Displays ability to train on communication skills
- Able to identify and highlight both obvious and underlying problems and identify/implement actions to resolve same.
- Able to guide team members in managing problems and apply controls to minimize recurrence
- Able to handle conflicts through negotiation, collaboration and accommodation
- Uses tools such as flow charts, Fish Diagram, etc to disclose meaningful patterns in data
- Be sensitive to cultural differences so that there are no conflicts based on diversity
- Drives an environment for finding solutions
- Take courageous decision
- Mentors others to be solution oriented
- Involve stakeholders in managing issues
- Risk Takers and push back, when warranted
Managerial Capabilities Stakeholder Management
- Know your stakeholders and their goals
- Instil in your team a customer centric approach and develop a no-tolerance approach toward sloppy customer interactions
- Constantly engage stakeholders in any changes envisaged and Manage expectations and concerns
- Able to deliver meaningful MIS on areas of vital interest to stakeholders
- Be a central bridge between stakeholders and the team
- Serving on committees with members from across different functions
- Attending professional / trade association meetings
- Sponsors and develops (e.g. coaches, mentors) key employees to build bench strength and ensure adequate succession planning
- Ability to ensure people engagement as evidenced by My Voice. Ability to negotiate performance ratings and have courageous conversations.
- Ability to work with matrix reporting relationship
- Develops short- and long-term career development plans with employees
- Builds teams using appropriate structures e.g. cross-functional, project team
- Successfully identifies, develops and retains talented individuals. Allocate resources effectively to maximize efficiency and effectiveness of a unit
- Ability to demonstrate integrity and encourage positive self-regulation of ethical behaviour.
- Develops and implements strategies to build the capability and performance of employees at team and Business Unit levels
- Uses diversity as a strategic tool for business
- Able to contribute to the design of business process change and facilitate the changes required
- Creates clear accountability for change in measurable terms and integrates it into performance management
- Clearly communicates and develops shared reasons for change initiatives, mobilizes commitment, introduces changes to systems and structures and actively monitors progress
- Analyses and evaluates the success, failure and risk in the change process at a business or country level
- Able to convince others of the need to change and instil in team the sense of urgency for change
- Good understanding of project management concepts
- Able to lead a large-scale project team
- Able to interact with parties outside the team to pursue actions and able vary actions, change directions depending on progress of the project without compromising project deliverables
- Able to liaise with all stakeholders and teams working on the project in terms of influencing project outcomes
- Ability to initiate projects by projecting cost benefit analysis
- Optimizes performance across the program value chain, functionally and technically.
- Conducts ongoing analysis of the project so that each investment can be monitored for its relative contribution to business goals
Financial and Budgetary Management
- Applies internal financial processes/systems effectively (e.g. planning expenses and allocating funds appropriately, processing invoices, control)
- Takes a stand on control reports and justifies deviations from budget
- Ability to contribute ideas to influence trends which create sustainable cost advantages and scale efficiencies
Analyses business trends and recognize the risk element in the changed patterns.
- Ability to plan and balance load, based on the information in the trends and patterns within the department.
- Ability to justify the various activities of the department projecting cost benefit analysis
- Ability to consolidate the trends and patterns from various sub units and present it to the senior management.
- Ability to question the analysis performed by the team so that meaningful outcomes can be arrived to take business decision
- Ability to know when to stop analysis and start acting. Avoid "Analysis Paralysis "
Strategy Formulation & Implementation
- Has a good understanding of what the strategies and tactical goals of the organization are
- Able to execute given actions that will contribute towards achieving business strategies
- Provides ground level inputs to fit for purpose plans and upward feedback as a reality check for implementation
- Able to drive business goals among team members as per action plan and timelines percolated down
- Builds informal relationships across units to ensure best implementation processes are used and to reduce duplication
Degree with relevant experience in operations and CDD expertise
Greater than 15 years of experience and should possess the following skills also.
- People Management Skills
- Stakeholder Management
- Communication skills
- Decision making