Standard Chartered - Director - SAP FICO Consultant (14-20 yrs)
Director SAP FICO Consultant
Programme "Aspire" is a multi-year investment programme to transform Finance to a global target model. This involves investment to replace the infrastructure, and move to a more centralised, standardised and automated business model. This will enable faster processing, easier and more frequent access to information, at lower levels of cost.
As part of this programme, SCB is currently undergoing a comprehensive transformation which includes developing a new organisational and operational approach to Finance. The core of Aspire requires a modern technology infrastructure and data capability - SAP has been selected for Finance and Supply Chain (S/4 HANA and Ariba); SAP for the unified data store (Finance & Risk Data Platform - FRDP); and the upgraded Moody's platform (Risk Confidence) for specific Treasury applications. It will result in a cloud-based single instance general ledger and a detailed, granular data store that is shared with the Risk function. This will enable faster monthly close and daily reporting, centralised regulatory reporting capability, self-service MIS, and automated controls.
The Change Lead role in India will play a critical role as a member of the Aspire Core Finance Change CoE responsibility for the end-end solution delivery of core finance change projects across core finance functions including Finance functions; Ledger, Consolidation, Financial and Management Reporting, Cost allocations and transfer pricing, planning and performance management; Master Data Governance, covering a range of integrated SAP products like S4 HANA, PAPM, BPC, MDG, etc
Key Responsibilities :
The Core Finance Change Lead- will be :
- Drive PSGL Remediation programme to move from People Soft GL to SAP suite of applications.
- Align the delivery and integration model in line with the overall Country GL implementation plan
- Enable various squads in implementing the initiatives within PSGL Remediation Programme.
- Proactively handling problems and making decisions based on the understanding of critical issues and priorities
- Responsible for the overall design to implementation plan and tracking it to completion
- Support project teams in integrating change management activities throughout the project plans.
- Ensure testing standards are as per project requirement and appropriate follow up action taken on the defects
- Ensure group standards are maintained with the correct level of due diligence and control considered as part of programme documentation
- Responsible for process designing , configuring and development in SAP
a. Accounts Receivable
b. Accounts Payable
c. Asset Accounting
d. Cost Accounting
e. Profitability Analysis
f. General Ledger and sub ledger
g. New GL
i. House Banking , DME and Electronic Bank
j. Dunning process
k. Direct Taxation , Indirect Taxation ,Tax Judication , Tax Procedure and Tax condition
l. REFX , IFR16 and Special ledger reporting
m. Forex Revaluation and Reporting
- Review, reconcile and analyze aspect of the month end financial statement, inclusive of reconciliation, accruals , allocation , revenue downloads , prepayment and variance analysis and Forex revaluation Reporting
- Build financial reporting and analysis including budget, forecasting, working capital , group reporting , Should have good knowledge on interface , tables , EDI and IDOCS
- Responsible for overall readiness from end to end testing - building test strategy, test business preparation, test execution, training to UAT users, Defect Fixing in for testing cycles such as UT , SIT and UAT
- Preparation of test scripts with link to requirement & preparation of regression test scripts
- Execution of the (regression) test scripts and provide Functional/User Acceptance testing on behalf of Business for minor changes
- This role requires strong techno functional design skills along with core FICO experience in implementing Ledger and Sub Ledger in SAP S/4 HANA technology platforms .
- Involved in solution design and delivery across multiple SAP products (S4 HANA, BPC, MDG, etc.) covering multiple core finance functions including Ledger, Consolidation, Master Data, Financial and Management Reporting.
- Enough technical knowledge to eliminate reliance on deep subject matter experts to conduct initial impact assessments, define priorities and route tasks to the appropriate competencies
- Responsible for managing deliverables throughout the project lifecycle, collaborating with various project/program teams, stakeholders; finance stakeholders across geographies, process and technology teams.
- Evidence of strong Change Management skills, enabling the delivery of multiple diverse data initiatives from inception to delivery
- Excellent business and technical process design and execution skills, enabling the effective execution of a change
- Primary contact point with other Change and BAU leaders across the organization to identify and resolve blockers to project success
- Responsibility for prioritization and management of critical path delivery items
- Design the target state Technology and target state processes
- Drive the establishment of a target operating model and internal capability to support and drive ongoing change / enhancement initiatives
- Ensure strong engagement with senior leaders and stakeholders across Finance.
- Responsible for risk and issue resolution
- Build strong relationships with key delivery partners, and ensure efficiencies and synergies are realized across programmes.
- Build effective communication channels with wider senior finance leadership.
- Ensure effective governance and project management standards are applied across all delivery responsibilities
- High quality written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to focus on multiple initiatives and subjects at the same time
Regulatory & Business Conduct :
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
Key Stakeholders :
- Aspire Core Finance Leadership team
- GL Country Governance leadership team
- Head of GCFO Change and Strategic Transformation
- Finance Operations and Transformation Management Team
- Other Stream leads in the ASPIRE programme (Data, Consolidations, Finance, Treasury)
- GPOs for Data, R2R, P2P, BSM
- Head, Group Regulatory Reporting
- Country, Region, and Segment CFOs
- Finance Technology team.
Our Ideal Candidate should have :
- Expert in configuration of New General Ledger, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Asset Accounting and Bank Accounting.
- Proficient in design and configuration of controlling modules Cost Element Accounting, Cost Center Accounting, Internal Orders, Profit Center accounting, CO-PA and CO-PC.
- Experience in S/4 HANA Implementation 1909.
- Configured the flow of information from SD, FI and MM to CO-PA, and carried out extraction of data from CO-PA to SAP BW system. Worked on the concepts of Realignment and Top-Down Distribution.
- Having exposure to FSCM modules like Credit Management, Dispute Management, Collections Management and Biller Direct.