Team Lead- Recruitment at Sporjo
Views:181 Applications:54 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Sporjo - Manager - Legal - LLB/LLM (6-7 yrs)
- Practical knowledge of the application of law
- Relevant experience in the areas of media, entertainment, sports, lifestyle (not necessarily all of these)
- Good commercial perspective
- Ability to structure various business deals
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Good understanding of commercial deals and arrangements
- Prior practice of drafting, reviewing and vetting commercial contracts
- 6-7 years overall with minimum 4 years in preferred industry as mentioned below. Litigation background of at least 2 years will be key added value.
- Media, sports, broadcast/television, sports management, talent management, sponsorships and related industries (banks, financial institutions, real estate and the like excluded)
- Preferred Specialization (Marketing, Finance, Operations, Fashion etc.)- Commercial Legal
- Preferred Education - LLB/LLM from a reputed university. Any specialisations may add value.
Roles & Responsibilities:
Provision of legal services as part of the legal team of the organisation, across all businesses. Work with the head of legal and take responsibility and ownership for contracting, providing legal advice, negotiation of contracts with clients, coordination with internal teams and generally support the legal functions of the organization.
- Drafting, preparing, reviewing or vetting commercial contracts;
- Strategizing and execution of commercial deal structures;
- Advising on the legal risks involved with the various deals entered into and risk minimising strategies
- Ensuring that the various business deals are carried out in full compliance with contractual, statutory and regulatory requirements
- Co-ordinating with the sales and finance/tax teams to ensure business and finance efficiency;
- Drafting, preparing and issuing any legal correspondence, including but not limited to legal notices
- Negotiating contracts with clients/their legal teams
- Advising on legal measures, strategies in dispute resolution;
- Liaison with external legal counsel ;
- Updating the Head-Legal regularly with regard to the status of the legal assignments.