Principal Consultant at Simply People
Views:85 Applications:15 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:0
Specialist - Power & Transmission - Energy (12-15 yrs)
Our client is assisting governments, communities, and the private sector on various infra projects. A non-for-profit, with global experience implementing international development projects in energy and other disciplines. Around the globe, it is working to develop and implement low-emissions energy technology alternatives, raise private financing for energy infrastructure, bring efficiency to utilities, work with governments on legal and regulatory reforms to alleviate bottlenecks in energy generation and consumption, and increase access to green energy to sustain economic growth and reduce poverty.
We are hiring a Power Transmission Specialist on the recently awarded for South Asia Regional Energy Partnership activity. This position will be based in New Delhi, India,
- Provide technical assistance to transmission companies, grid operators, load dispatch centers to enhance transmission planning and operations.
- Support design and implementation of innovative technologies by developing specifications, standards, and testing.
- Originate innovative pilot projects for deployment of advanced technologies.
- Build capacity to improve national and regional transmission planning.
- Engage with OEMs, technology providers, research institutes to understand emerging technologies, tools, and techniques and conduct cost-benefit analyses, reviews, etc., for their application and relevance to SAREP countries.
- Advise on transmission planning/system operation tools and techniques.
- Support grid load optimization interventions from a utility perspective.
- Review energy budgets within the grid system and corresponding load factors; suggest possible optimization interventions.
- Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering (essential) and 12 years of experience or
- Master's degree in economics, electrical engineering, power systems, transmission planning, or closely related field, finance, or and 10 years of relevant experience in the energy sector; or bachelor's degree and 12 years of experience.
- Ability to advise on transmission planning/system operation tools and techniques is required. Experience working with or providing technical advisory to electric utilities and or regulators is required.
- Experience in South Asia region is a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, supervisor, technical staff, and clients.
- Motivated and able to work under challenging and fast paced environment.
- Ability to effectively prioritize workload, self-manage and complete tasks to best meet project needs.
- Understanding of regional language is desirable