Senior Manager at WAYTOGO Consultants Pvt Ltd
Views:157 Applications:49 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:10
Specialist - Operational Risk Management - Bank (6-14 yrs)
Description - External
To assist the Head, RMG - Operational Risk (India) in driving an effective and efficient operational risk programme across the Business & Support Units of DBS Bank, India.
- Facilitate the implementation and ongoing monitoring of adherence to the DBS Group Operational Risk Management (ORM) Framework within the Business / Support units (BU/SU) that enables identification, assessment, mitigation, measurement, monitoring and reporting of key operational risks
- Maintain key relationships with UORMs of the BU/SU and raise potential operational risk and control issues to RMG and line management of BU/SU.
- Contribute to department initiatives to improve the management of operational risk using Data Analytics.
- Ensure Satisfactory Ratings in Audit reviews and compliance to regulatory requirements.
Job Duties & responsibilities :
- Provide advice, guidance and training to the Business / Support units (BU/SU) on operational risk matters including risk management processes, where applicable, for adoption by the units
- Engage with relevant business/support units' UORM, facilitating the use of relevant operational risk tools and methodologies, including Risk Event Reporting, Control Self Assessment (CSA), Key Risk Indicators (KRI), etc to enable the units to identify, assess and mitigate key operational risks
- Liaise with relevant business/support units' partners in the various control and support functions e.g. Credit, Compliance, Legal, etc in addressing operational risk issues arising in the end-to-end processes
- Manage and maintain the ORMS system that enables regular risk reporting and analysis and liaise with internal support parties (eg ORMS support)
- Conduct reviews on operational risk metrics (Risk Events, CSA, KRI, etc) as appropriate, including the responses and action plans and assessing the effectiveness of these as adequate mitigants to the risks identified.
Required Experience :
- At least6-8 years of experience in Operational Risk Management /Audit in a financial institution with large Branch Network.
- Knowledge of OR in Digital Products will be an added advantage.
Education / Preferred Qualifications :- CA / MBA preferred.
Core Competencies :
Good communication and inter-personal skills, with ability to work with people at different levels
Strong Analytical skills.
Technical Competencies :-
- General knowledge of banking products/services, activities and operations in commercial, consumer and branch banking
- Analytical and able to identify potential operational risk exposures in business activities and assess the appropriateness and adequacy of mitigating controls
- Should have Consumer Banking esp Branch Banking experience in an organization with large branch set-up
- Experience on Digital products, Ecosystem partnership will be an added advantage.
- Ability to work with business/support units in the rollout of various operational risk management processes
- Must be a team player with ability to work professionally with team members and workgroups formed with other business/support units.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.