Assistant Vice President at Taggd
Views:262 Applications:57 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:4
Specialist - Instructional Design (5-10 yrs)
Instructional Design specialist
- The incumbent will have to design learning resources content and provide analytical support for the design and development of training curriculum, learning strategies and learning course content and conduct needs assessments and strategic learning assessments to develop the basis for curriculum development or to update the repository of learning resources.
The key responsibilities are listed below:
Content Research based on Training Needs :
- Define instructional, learning, or performance objectives.
- Develop instructional materials and products for technology-based redesign of courses.
- Provide analytical support for the design and development of training curricula, learning strategies, educational policies, or courseware standards.
- Interview subject-matter experts or conduct other research to develop instructional content.
Designing Content and Supporting Material :
- Design learning products, including classroom Interventions or Digital Content.
- Design instructional aids for stand-alone or instructor-led classroom or online use.
- Design Interventions basis Research and evaluation of emerging instructional technologies or methods.
- Recommend instructional methods, such as individual or group instruction, self-study, lectures, demonstrations, simulation exercises, and role playing, appropriate for content and learner characteristics.
Documentation and Record Keeping:
- Develop master course documentation or manuals according to applicable accreditation, certification, or other requirements in order to have a repository of interventions designed and an all-time readiness to refer to the course design and its alignment with execution.
Delivery of Content for Learning Intervention:
- Influence L&D outcomes by understanding leadership development and assimilation needs and iterate on ideas and programs.
- Deliver organization development and learning interventions that help solve business challenges
- Enable solutions that scale and drive the highest organizational leverage
- Recognize and adopt best practices in the area of Learning and Development.
- Move forward in the face of ambiguity and imperfect knowledge, innovating with bold bets to drive business growth.
- Align your work with Amazon's business objectives and seek to deliver business value.
- Utilize recent industry experience to make appropriate instruction and content specific to pre targeted outcome.
- Partner with peer managers to address cross-functional issues.
- Deliver projects across business groups and centers.
Internal: L&D Specialists, L&D Partners, BU heads, Functional Heads, SME and HRBPs
External: Vendors & External Faculties
Technical Requirements :
- Excellent knowledge of learning theories and instructional design models
- Strong Understanding of Content Creations and using ID techniques to design Learning Interventions
- Lesson and curriculum planning skills
- Basic HTML and Flash programming knowledge
- Visual design skills (Dreamweaver, Photoshop, Illustrator) and ability to storyboard
- Ability to write effective copy, instructional text, audio scripts/video scripts
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Resourceful, detail oriented, excellent organization skills, and demonstrated ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
- Motivation to learn and strong work ethic are necessary
Education and Experience:
- Degree (In any field) with a minimum work experience of 5 years in the field of ID.
Key Personal Attributes:
- A focused driver with a structured process approach and ability to deliver outcomes
- Passionate about people development, strong communicator, highly energetic with ability to influence & persuade others.
- Excellent interpersonal skills - High level of proficiency in networking & connecting internally and externally.
- Ability to work closely with business leaders by understanding their needs and designing and rolling out L&D solutions.
- Excellent team building skills and orientation for developing high quality talent within the organization.