Management Trainee at Pylon Management Consulting
Views:4266 Applications:82 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:28
Specialist/Expert - Data Science/Machine Learning + Modeling - Bank/Financial Services (6-10 yrs)
This position is with one of the largest Knowledge and Analytics teams globally and part of the Global banking practice covering domains like Retail banking, Corporate & Investment Banking, Wealth & Asset Management, Payments, Fintech and Insurance.
The particular role is a part of Banking Advanced Analytics & Digital CoE relevant for someone who wants to predominantly work with Financial institutions in Asia region
What You'll Do :
- The team supports clients from specific advanced analytics use cases to full, end-to-end data and analytics transformations. Your work will be focused on improving performance of financial institutions with a combination of advanced analytics, tool-development capabilities and process/ change management expertise.
- You will work at the intersection of data science and traditional business knowledge working together as a thought partner to senior consultants in taking Advanced analytics capabilities to both existing and potential clients
1. You will be a part of our consulting client and client development projects focusing on Advanced Analytics. In these engagements, you will help identify potential analytics opportunities relevant to business context and priorities, to drive analytical roadmap at the client and building of new, bespoke advanced analytical models and solutions
2. You would leverage advanced analytics to deliver breakthrough products, experiences and business transformations. In this process, you will play a key role in shaping big data and advanced analytics mindset and capabilities at the client as well as within the firm
3. You will demonstrate depth of knowledge in advanced analytics, lead creation of ML models and tools, and then translate complex data/outputs into easily digestible action items within a business context, external and internal audiences
4. You will work closely with other data scientists, data engineers, product developers and other analytics focused consultants to build solutions
5. Support, review and conduct complex analytics processes and data integration on clients- internal and external data
6. In addition, you- d also be expected to mentor other colleagues on Advanced analytics topics, enabling them to grow and learn
Your Background :
1. At least a bachelor's degree in Comp Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Ops Research, Statistics or other related fields. MBA/PG is preferred.
2. At least 6 years of overall experience in applying advanced analytics to solve business problems
3. Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to disaggregate issues, identify root causes and link analytics to derive solutions
4. Experience in machine learning techniques i.e. Regression, Decision Trees, Random Forest, Deep Learning, XG Boost
5. Willing to travel and work across global offices or client locations on long projects
6. Expertise with at least one of Data Science programming language: Python, R, MATLAB and SAS.
7. Excellent communication and presentation skills, able to clearly and effectively communicate complex analytical and technical content
8. Strong critical thinking and ability to influence
9. Good if understand at least one of data architecture and database systems used in large organization: MS SQL; Teradata SQL, SAP HANA, AWS, GCP
10. Proven leaders with the ability in inspire others, build strong relationships, and create a true followership, result-driven achievers
11. Willing to work in a highly demanding and result-oriented team environment
12. Collaborative team player, capable of working well with others but also autonomously with little direction
13. Comfortable with ambiguous and unstructured situations, entrepreneurial
14. Experience in leading complex engagements to deploy advanced analytics at scale in real world organizations