Recruiter at Spandana India
Views:2979 Applications:507 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:85
Spandana - Senior Vice President/Vice President - Accounts - CA (8-20 yrs)
Spandana Sphoorty - Senior Vice President / Vice President - Accounts - CA (10-14 yrs)
Role : Head - Accounts
Role Designation : Vice President
Function : Finance & Accounts
Department : Accounts
Reports to : CFO
Supervises : AVP, Senior Manager, Managers, AMs & Executives
Financial Size (Revenue/ Budget/Span) : Balance Sheet Size > Rs. 3,000 crore, Revenue > Rs. 500 crore
Team Size & Dispersion : Team Size 30+ with 7-8 direct reports
Operating Network (Internal) : Finance & Accounts /Corporate Functions/ Operations/Board
Operating Network (External) : Statutory & Internal Auditors, Vendors, Statutory & Regulatory Agencies
Purpose of the Role :
- The incumbent is mainly responsible for leading the accounts team, maintaining books of accounts & managing accounting operation for the company in line with accounting standards.
- He is expected to review and analyze financial information and ensure all financial reports, assets, liabilities, profit and loss, tax liability and other financial statements are accurate and follow set procedures and standards.
- The incumbent is also responsible of the all payments are made to vendors and partners on time and shall ensure that proper accounting systems, processes & controls are in place.
Areas of Responsibility :
1. Financial Focus :
Accounting & Payments :
- He will be responsible for ensuring that all accounting records (books of accounts), financial statements and other financial reports are accurate and duly comply with all statutory and regulatory requirements. He will also be responsible for reviewing and authorizing payments to all vendors / partners/ other stakeholders of the company.
- He is expected to ensure that there are no outflows / fines/ levies imposed on SSFL/Group Entities on account of non-compliance in accounting matters. He will ensure timely closing, reporting & clean audits.
Taxes & Compliance's :
- He will be responsible for ensuring that the company complies with all GST & other taxes and that all filings with the respected authorities are done on time and that there are no outflows / fines/ levies imposed on SSFL on account of non-compliances.
Corporate Affairs :
- He will also be responsible for various corporate matters as outlined by the board / executive council/CFO.
2. Operational Focus :
Functioning of the Department :
- He will be responsible for reviewing the Funds position, and monitor key activities like critical payments (to vendors, agencies - insurance, etc.) and collections. Provide inputs to the team on accounting matters and ensuring timely closure of books of accounts.
- He is also expected to examine and analyse accounting records (including branch accounting), financial statements, or other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to reporting and procedural standards.
- He will provide leadership to the accounting teams in driving effectively the standards and procedures under GAAP's that need to be complied with by the organization.
Audit & Compliance :
- He is expected to engage with auditors (internal / external), ensure that all accounts are duly audited on time, any non-compliances are addressed and drive the highest level of compliances and ensure that there are no deviations from set standards.
- He will review all computation of taxes owed and review tax returns, ensuring compliance with payment, reporting, or other tax requirements.
MIS & Reporting's :
- He will be responsible for reviewing all accounting statement and reports prepared and present the same to the management. He will also be responsible for driving a system of broadly accepted source of data generation to ensure reduction in complexities of Accounting & Reporting's.
New Systems & Processes :
- He will be responsible for Develop, implement, modify, and document record keeping and accounting systems, making use of current and lead the introducing new technologies to enhance compliance.
3. Internal Customer/ Vendor Focus :
Statutory & Regulatory Agencies :
- He is expected to keep him abreast of new developments in accounting areas, RBI regulations, SEBI listing related regulations, taxation & other applicable laws which could have significant impact on the organization and update the team about the same to ensure full compliance
- Oversee the branch accounting and analyse for the adverse trends, branch spending in line with policy and report out the observations/findings.
4. Talent Focus :
Team Management :
- Demonstrate the ability to build and motivate and coach team members on accounting & audit matters. Handling & resolving grievances of the team. Responsible for KRA setting and reviewing of the Direct Reportees. Responsible to ensure that the code of conduct of the organization is followed by the team. Set the goals for the team and monitor the performance.
Team Hiring :
- Coordinate the hiring of all department personnel and conduct performance appraisals and provide coaching and guidance to members of the department.
Team Development :
- Responsible to ensure the competence (skill matrix) for all team members and ensure that they are up to date and in tune with organization expectations.
Educational Qualification and Experience Requirements :
Educational Qualification : Post CA, Minimum No. of Years - 08-15 years
- For CA+MBA(Tier 1 Institute) - 10-12 Years
Knowledge / Skill-sets Required :
- Knowledge of business and management principles, Knowledge of GAAP, Financial Ratios, Financial systems, accounting principles Funding and working capital management, Statutory & Regulatory compliances.
Other Skills Required :
- Strong Interpersonal Skills, Decision Making/Problem Solving Abilities, Change Management, Strive for Excellence, Time Management, Basic Computer/IT skills, Expertise in Excel