SOTC Travel - Senior Manager - HR Legal (10-13 yrs)
Role Overview :
This role will span across line functions at TCIL/SOTC/TCG Companies. This role is responsible to achieve HR Legal operational targets for the Support Business Unit, by defining and implementing service strategies to offer best in class service to our stakeholders. Provide legal advice to the HR Department on matters relating to employment law and Company's in-house regulations.
This management cadre role will be responsible to co-ordinate with various stakeholders and to optimize the cost on behalf of the Company.
Purpose of the role :
1. To manage Labour Legal matters of the company
2. To ensure seamless exit of Employees/Contract Staff during the Covid - 19 Phase;
3. To manage Employee disciplinary action effectively, per the Company Policy;
4. To manage statutory compliance related legal matter of the company;
5. To support IR/Union related matters of the Company;
Job Role :
1. To manage labour Court matters of the Thomas Cook Group Companies.
2. Replying to Notices received from terminated Employees and from Labor Commissioner;
3. Handling Labor Complaints;
4. Drafting employment related contracts in consonance with labour law and company policies
5. Drafting a code of conduct in line with government published standing orders
6. HR Agreements with Supplier / Vendors.
7. Manpower Agreements with Outsources agencies/contractors.
8. Handling Issues pertaining to employee disciplinary actions.
9. Managing Enquiries, investigations by Police/ Statutory officials related with Employee
10. Advising HR on Regulatory as well as Critical Issues.
11. Drafting and/or revising various documents of a legal nature, ensuring in particular that obligations stemming from legislation and regulations currently in force are complied with.
12. Drafting and standardization of documents i.e. appointment letters, transfer letters, disciplinary letters for HR department;
13. Ensuring disciplinary policies of the company and also procedures of staff appointment, transfer, retrenchment, resignation acceptance, termination for misconduct etc are in line with statute
14. Reviewing and Drafting various letters issued to the employees
15. In cases of on boarding of staff from acquired organizations or merged entities, drafting the on boarding letters as per the terms and conditions of the mergers and acquisitions done by the Company.
16. Reviewing/vetting/drafting of HR Policies
17. Drafted standard template of letters from appointment of Employees till Exit.
18. Advising HR on Union issues / Memorandum of Settlement draft
19. Advising HR on HR function with labour related laws, statutes, Industrial relations, disciplinary procedures, labour statutes related compliance, keeps abstract of changes in statute and proactively advises measures to be taken by the company.
20. Liaise with Labour Consultants and practicing Legal Counsels in case of Industrial disputes which reach the courts level.
21. During the Covid -19 phase ensure seamless exit of Contract Staff.
22. Renegotiated contract terms and condition with the contractors and execute new contract with manpower sourcing firms/contractor.
23. Advising HR on employee exits procedures during the Covid-19 phase, guidance the way out on how to handle employee grievances raised by terminated /exited employees.