SOTC Travel - General Manager - Legal (12-15 yrs)
This role is responsible to achieve operational targets for the Support Business Unit, by defining and implementing service strategies to offer best in class service to our stakeholders.
This management cadre role will be responsible to co-ordinate with various stakeholders and to optimize the cost on behalf of the Company.
Purpose of the role:
- To render Legal advice
- To manage and supervise legal affairs, litigation (Civil & Criminal), disputes, Arbitration and legal risks
- To manage Trademarks of TCIL/SOTC/TC Group Companies (Including International Trademarks)
- To render Legal Advice on the Agreements/ various Projects
- To advice on the property matters. To strategize and drive maximum recovery value
- To deal with contract management and contracts under special projects
- Management of the legal affairs and legal risks.
- Helping business lines and functions structure transactions, products, contracts, set up procedures along best practices, negotiate arrangements and legal terms with third parties, resolve legal problems, and propose and advise on solutions that help the business lines complete their transactions/resolve issues within the company operational/legal framework.
- Build a good, sound, responsive and efficient legal team, instill discipline and internal control, set up proper filing systems, procedures & back - up systems.
- Manage litigation (both Civil & Criminal matters), Arbitration, Mediation, NCLT, Rent Matters, Cheque Dishonor, Criminal Complaints and other disputes.
- Manage proceedings for return of property seized by the Police from the Accused, pursuant to the complaint filed against the Accused.
- To handle issues pertaining to Trademarks of TCIL/SOTC/TCI & other TC Group Companies.
- To render Legal Advice on various Business Agreements / Projects
- Strategizing & driving to maximize recovery value
- Communication with Government and Regulators, Authorities, etc.
- Advisory services for Brand equity and image building
- Update the management regarding the contingent liabilities and the litigation costs.
- To advice on the property matters pertaining to obtaining the premises on Leave & License basis.
- To finalise the Criminal Complaints in cases of Fraud Cases and to co-ordinate with Security Consultants to ensure that the Complaints are filed.
- To assist and render legal advice in POSH matters.
- Vetting of Business contracts on regular basis pertaining to Foreign Exchange, Corporate Travel, E-biz and other Departments.
- Vetting of Data Protection Agreement and GDPR compliant documents.
- Vetting of Agreements under Special Projects and Assignments to be undertaken by the Management from time to time.
- Vetting and Drafting Critical Agreements, giving advise on Critical Agreements during Covid - 19 Phase