HR at Sony Pictures Networks India Private Limited (SPN)
Views:454 Applications:105 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:12
Sony Pictures Networks - Senior Data Scientist (7-12 yrs)
Role Overview :
This role of a Senior Data Scientist is responsible to drive insights from BIG DATA of Shorts, insights to strategy, strategy to key actionable by understanding 360 degree
POSITION SPECIFICATION :
Education : B.Tech in Computer Science from a premier institute or from Stats background
Overall Experience : 7-12 years
Essential expertise :
- Experience in Quantitative Analysis, BIG Data, Applied Statistics.
Desirable experience : 7+ years
Key Responsibilities :
1) Segmentation, user profiling
2) Viewer Analysis & Segmentation.
3) Creator & viewer acquisition, engagement and their retention
4) Content profiling & consumption deep dives.
5) Collaborate with product, Tech & Data engineers and other data teams to grow data capabilities.
6) Develop scalable analytical solutions to measure the business growth and success
7) Real time anomaly detection for timely resolution.
8) Define and analyse metrics that inform product strategy and prioritization.
9) Collaborate with CX designer, Tech developer, Research finding to understand patterns and trends, identify new opportunities for growth, and ship products.
Critical Competencies for Success :
- 7-12 years of experience in Quantitative Analysis, BIG Data, Applied Statistics.
- Experience in Short Form contents or Digital UGC (user-generated content) eco-system is a plus.
- Must have hands-on experience in SQL, R/Python, Advance excel.
- Must have a proven track record of solving complex data problems into insights.
- Proficient in storytelling: converting data observations to insights.
- Passion for building clear, concise, and meaningful metrics
- A seasoned expert in analytics with a proven track record of data analysis, metric development, and report building
- Stellar communication skills, business intuition, judgment, and stakeholder management
- Experience with big data distributed systems (Hive / PySpark, SparkSQL)
- Enthusiastic about innovating quickly, comfortable with ambiguity, and thrives on scrappy real-world problem-solving.
Other Personal Characteristics :
- The successful candidate must be bright, quick, and a team player.
- Must have an authenticity to establish quality relationships across the organization through the highest levels of professionalism, ethics, and mutual respect. Personal traits which will make one an ideal candidate for the position are :
- Straightforward and professional
- Good communicator
- High energy, with an ability to motivate
- A do-it-yourself orientation, consistent with the company's - roll-up-the-sleeves- culture
- A positive outlook with an ability to deal with ambiguity