Manager - Talent Acquisition at Societe Generale
Views:1102 Applications:263 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:29
Societe Generale - Senior Credit Analyst (2-8 yrs)
GLOBAL BANKING AND ADVISORY (GLBA) / Credit Management Group - Financial Institutions (GLBA/CRE/FIG)
The team provides credit analysis and manages the credit relationship with clients of the Financial Institution Group and Global Markets sectors. This position has a focus on banks, broker-dealers, FMIs, and supra-nationals located in EMEA.
Main Accountabilities :
The individual will be responsible for credit analysis of existing or new financial institution clients /counterparties . Day-today responsibilities include:
- Assess the creditworthiness of counterparties: prepare detailed credit application by capturing relevant information as per internal policies, perform credit outlooks, recommend risk ratings using bank's internal rating tools, and propose global credit limits based on internal risk appetite.
- Obtain RISQ approvals on the ratings and credit limits within the specified timelines and ensure that the internal systems are accurately updated.
- Process one-off credit requests in a timely manner to meet business deadlines and maintain the annual review cycle.
- Research and analyze financial data on the counterparty to prepare high-quality analysis in credit applications that addresses both client credit risk and transaction risk.
- Knowledge of capital markets and credit-related products, particularly derivatives, securities lending/repo, and trade finance
- Manage key components of counterparty credit administration such as, negotiating and controlling trading legal documentation (ISDA/CSA, GMRA, GMSLA). Should be familiar with credit terms for legal documents and co-ordinate with Legal department on client negotiations.
- Perform ongoing monitoring of client credit quality to identify a possible deterioration and propose appropriate actions (changes in risk rating & limits).
- Closely monitor developments related to regulatory, industry, counterparty events, and track external rating changes
- Monitor exposure and manage credit limit exceptions/overshoots and participate in other internal monitoring. Adapt to ongoing accounting and regulatory changes that affect credit limits and exposure.
- Assist in performing stress tests on banking sectors and preparing sectoral research and outlook.
- Coordinate and liaise with several internal stakeholders: FIG Relationship Managers/Bankers, Business Lines/Traders, Legal, Risk, KYC, Operations and others.
Competencies Required :
- Ability to organize time and manage deliverables to deadlines.
- Ability to identify and accommodate shifting priorities with little notice.
- Ability to analyze and evaluate counterparty risk and financial condition based on quantitative and qualitative data.
- Acquire ability to complete work with minimal or no supervision.
- Possess a high degree of enthusiasm and energy to learn a variety of financial institution industry sectors.
- Ability to work in a team environment, interfacing with team members, front-office bankers and salespersons, risk team, and clients.
Technical Skills :
- Proficiency using Word for written analysis and Excel for spreadsheet analysis
- Ability to acquire knowledge of the accounting, legal and regulatory issues governing relevant sectors.
- Ability to investigate/research/synthesize data and make appropriate conclusions as to what is causing the observed result(s)
- Ability to write concisely and in a way that conveys analysis and conclusions with minimal follow-up questions.
- Working knowledge of trading documentation.
- Knowledge of third-party information sources like SNL, Thomson Reuters, Capital IQ, Bloomberg, etc.
- Develop competency with SG's internal systems.
- Knowledge of capital markets/OTC traded products, Securities lending/repo business and trade finance facilities.
- Excel skills, such as macros and pivot tables.
Required: CA / Post-graduate (in Finance) from renowned university
Why Join Us :
We are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status
- At Societe Generale, we are convinced that people are drivers of change, and that the world of tomorrow will be shaped by all their initiatives, from the smallest to the most ambitious.
- Whether you're joining us for a period of months, years or your entire career, together we can have a positive impact on the future. Creating, daring, innovating and taking action are part of our DNA.
- If you too want to be directly involved, grow in a stimulating and caring environment, feel useful on a daily basis and develop or strengthen your expertise, you will feel right at home with us!
You should know that our employees can dedicate several days per year to solidarity actions during their working hours, including sponsoring people struggling with their orientation or professional integration, participating in the financial education of young apprentices, and sharing their skills with charities. There are many ways to get involved.