SmartServ - Finance Manager (2-6 yrs)
- SmartServ is a product startup from the house of award-winning SaaS business solutions. SmartServ's founding team consists of UW Madison, UC Berkeley alumni with strong-domain knowledge having built top-notch products and implementing them at Fortune 500 companies.
- SmartServ is on a mission to build a powerful AI-powered assistant enabling service businesses to focus and increase their sales metrics by scoring on lead opportunities which are ideally lost in the field. We are constantly mining recommendations to help service contractors gain efficiency and help them spend more time in front of customers, not computers.
- Our customers stay in control of their business and have visibility into the most important data and metrics required and we give them insights to do more.
- At SmartServ, we aren't a company of silos. Team members are empowered and encouraged to pursue out-of-the-box ideas, think for themselves and make mistakes. We encourage you to challenge our status quo.
- We are looking to hire a Finance and People Operations Champion who can not only work on People finances, company's accounting, financial reporting, and compliance functions but also work closely with the HR department in managing employee life cycle.
- You are expected to support the CEO and the Support teams in managing various parts of employee life cycle management. You will collaborate with multiple stakeholders and implement best practices in financial planning, budgeting, analysis, strategy, and compliance.
@Smartserv you will :
- Be the first person to proactively maintain every financial data and information secure, up to date
- Prepare and process payroll with the help of the CA team.
- Owning up various incentive calculations, reviews, and payments
- Own leave management system ; track employee leaves and attendance
- Prepare and update Annual Operating Plan(AOP) on a monthly basis to understand the movement of the runway, expected profitability and business movement in the future
- Be the point of contact for organisational relation with the financial institutions, namely Banks
- Coordinate with external consultants for ensuring compliance timelines are achieved, including return filings, payments, etc
- Work closely with internal business teams to track customer collections, renewals and upsell
- Review and manage company expenses, including operation costs, employee expenses, software, and hardware expenses
- Take care of employee reimbursements and incentives with strict SLA adherence
- Track committed employee compensations, in terms of retention and performance bonuses and coordinate with stakeholders to meet timelines for process and payouts
- Track appraisal cycles of all employees and coordinate with stakeholders from the HR team to meet timelines for payouts
- Closely work with vendors on the supply of goods & services and negotiate commercials and payment terms
- Manage all accounting operations including Billing, A/R, A/P, GL and Counsel, Cost Accounting, Inventory Accounting, and Revenue Recognition
- Coordinate and direct the preparation of the budget and financial forecasts and report variances
- Build and maintain financial models, annual budgets, and rolling forecasts
- Update and track operating indicators and financial metrics
- Prepare quarterly/annual reporting to shareholders
- Lead ad-hoc strategic projects and special analyses
- Ensure the integrity of internal financial controls
- Manage, and advise on decision making regarding fundraising activities and stock transfers
- Support month-end and year-end close process
- Ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting
- Manage and oversee the employee stock option plan matters
- Oversee company legal matters and intellectual property
- Oversee company compliance with HR, tax, laws, and regulatory requirements
Traits and characteristics we are looking for :
- The knack for numbers ; Should have a good understanding of how business numbers are driven. Good numerical skills
- Planning ; Should be able to plan out projects, define milestones to achieve them, and adhere to the SLA in terms of deliverables. Should be vocal about deviations
- Software tools ; Should have sound knowledge of excel, google sheets, and docs. Experience and knowledge with any MIS software, Quickbooks, Keka HRMS will earn brownie points.
- Solid Negotiator ; Should be a natural negotiator, with an in-built talent for the hustle and always trying to take an extra penny from the table
- Assertive communicator ; Should have stern communication skills. Not rude, but assertive Especially to deal with the business teams
- Prioritizing finance tasks ; Considering the cross-functional collaboration and stakeholder management involved in this role, one should be able to prioritize finance and accounting tasks; and also differentiate between primary and secondary responsibilities.
- Documentation ; Should have the ability to communicate effectively using documents and memos. Solid communication and articulation skills.
- Flexibility ; Must be able to work in the afternoon to late-night shift, overlapping external consultants, HR, business teams, and management team's timings.
- MBA/ CA/ M.Com or exceptional Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, business administration
- 2 to 6 years of relevant experience in Finance function.
- Experience in an IT company will be strongly preferred. Experience working with an early-stage SaaS startup is a huge advantage
- Experience into working in hybrid teams and hybrid roles of HR, People Operations, People Finances and Core finance can make you stand-out
- Exceptional knowledge of finance, complex modeling, budgeting, accounting, and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Advanced knowledge of accounting best practices, laws, standards, and state/national/international regulations
- Strong excel and software experience (Payroll software, Quickbooks, BI tools, etc.)
- Credible track record of meeting tight deadlines with accuracy, integrity, and a sense of calm with the ability to work collaboratively
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment, manage priorities, and consistently meet deadlines
- A self-motivated learner who contributes to a culture of excellence and lifts the performance of the entire team.
If you think, you are a good fit. We would love to talk to you!