HR at Smart Joules Pvt Ltd
Views:1855 Applications:273 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:204
Smart Joules - Manager - Finance (2-6 yrs)
To support our CFO in managing the financial growth of the company & to set processes within the organization for error free & timely reporting. The primary job will be to build and maintain solid financial models and presentations for top management & investors about the financial health & operations of the company.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Creating the annual Budgets for the organization in collaboration with the respective departmental heads
- Creating the annual Budgets for the organization in collaboration with the respective departmental heads
- Preparation & Planning of budgets for the coming financial year. Budget needs to be ready by March 15th for the coming FY
- Report to management on variances from the established budget, and the reasons for those variances on a monthly basis
- Assist the management in the formulation of its overall strategic direction
- Contribute to financial audits
2. Creating a monthly MIS for the organization & investors in collaboration with respective departmental heads
- Preparation of various MIS models after understanding the operational requirement of the organization
- Monthly MIS presentation regarding the financial health of the company to top management and investors
3. Equity Fundraising
- Keeping track of relevant deals in the space with contact information of involved companies and funders. Weekly updation for debt & equity deals
- Building and weekly updation of reports that will be required for fundraising
- Opportunity to be a part of all conversations that need to be had during fundraising - Legal, Accounting, Secretarial & negotiations with investors
4. Project Debt & Alternate sources of debt
- Ownership of project debt drawdowns - All lenders have some requirements that need to be met before they disburse loans and you will have the ownership of meeting these requirements
- Company intends to move towards debt raise through crowd funding and away from debt raises from Financial Institutions. You will be a part of these conversations & the owner of all financial requirements that need to be met under this new model
5. Project Equity
- Company intends on raising project equity at the project level. You will be a part of all related conversations & the owner of all financial requirements that need to be met under this new model
Skills & Qualifications:
Years of experience - 2-4 years of Business Finance, Project Finance, Financial controller experience. COMMON SENSE
(Good to have) Audit, & Tally experience
Educational Qualifications - PGDM/MBA (Finance) from a reputed University.
(Good to have) Additional CA/CMA certification.
Core/Technical Skills - Financial Modelling, Budgeting Models, Experience dealing with debt funding for infrastructure projects, Knowledge of corporate financial laws and risk management practices
Functional Skills - Experience of Creating P&L, tracking the same and ensuring the same is as per plan, Annual Budgeting, Cost improvement, Proficient in MS. Excel & PowerPoint.
(Good to have)Tools like Tableau, Advanced Analytics, - Working Knowledge of financial ERPs
Personal Attributes - Meticulous attention to detail with superb organizational and documentation skills, - Sound judgement & decision-making skills, Strong communication & presentation skills, Demonstrated creative and critical thinking, High level of ownership and respect for timelines, Collaboration and ability to partner with different stakeholders
About Smart Joules:
Smart Joules is India's leading energy efficiency company on a mission to stop climate change by making continuous energy optimization simple and profitable at scalable for buildings and factories. We have pioneered the servitization model in the energy efficiency space in India and established leadership position in the healthcare industry with long-term projects in almost all states. Our clients have saved up to 70% in energy costs and have modernized their facilities with industry-leading technologies without making any up-front investments.
Led by an MIT/Berkeley Alumnus, an award-winning engineer from the Indian Navy, and a financial wizard, our team of 100+ professionals has a comprehensive set of capabilities spanning project development, design, financing, execution, cutting-edge IOT technologies, analytics and operations. We have won national and international awards, including recognition as a "Champion of Change" by the Prime Minister's Office.
Our financial supporters include Asian Development Bank, Sangam Ventures, Max Ventures & Industries, Raintree Family Office, Echoing Green, Harvard University, TATA Trusts, David & Lucile Packard Foundation, TATA Cleantech Capital, Yes Bank, World Bank, SIDBI and some of India's most prominent business families such as Godrej and Dabur.
We like to work hard and play hard. Inspired by MIT's motto "Mens et Manus", we believe in using our minds and hands to develop and utilize technology for practical application.