SKP Group - Accounting Professional - General Ledger - CA (7-12 yrs)
A long established and rapidly growing professional services group, located in 6 major cities across India. We specialize in providing business and tax guidance and accounting services to international companies that are currently conducting or initiating business in India as well as those expanding overseas.
Apart from consulting on entry strategies to implementing business set-up and Mergers & Acquisitions transactional support, the SKP team also assists clients with assurance, domestic and international tax, transfer pricing, corporate services, and finance & accounting outsourcing matters, all under one roof. Our team is dedicated to ensuring clients receive continuity of support, right across the business lifecycle.
We serve over 1,000 clients including multinationals, companies listed on exchanges, privately held and family-owned businesses from more than 45 countries. Our team of over 850 members is lead by 21 Partners/Directors.
The team includes Chartered Accountants (CA), Certified Internal Auditors (CIA), Information System Auditors (ISA), Cost Accountants (CWA), Masters of Business Administration (MBA), Company Secretaries (CS), Lawyers, Engineers and Information Technology (IT) Professionals.
We, at SKP, truly believe that our people are our greatest asset. We invest a lot of time and effort to ensure that each one remains focused on long-term growth. Our goal is to maximize individual potential, increase commercial effectiveness, reinforce the SKP culture, expand our people's professional opportunities and help them contribute positively to society at large.
To know more about us, please visit www.skpgroup.com
What's in it for you?
Being a position that falls in the middle level of management, the role itself is an exciting mix of operational delivery and an opportunity to explore the leader in you. We strongly believe in freedom of operation and that clearly reflects in our modus operandi. Apart from holding the team assigned the role gives an immense opportunity to learn the practical aspects of the R2R process, people and client handling which is very important in building a successful career. This role also gives an exposure to work on various ERP's and demonstrate the ability to manage the day to day challenges of operation.
Skillsets we would like to see you exhibit,
Role specific skillsets:
Accounting concepts & Processing :
- Required to have a good knowledge of accounting concepts related to Profit and Loss Account and Balance Sheet
- Understanding the key areas about the finalization of accounts and the complete cycle of R2R
- Good understanding of the direct and indirect tax applicability and compliances and requirements of report submissions.
- Experience in handling month end activities along with the preparation of all the control account schedules and other related activities.
- Good knowledge and application of accounting standards
- Strong analytical skills and should be comfortable working on excel.
- Experience of working on SAP, Oracle or Tally.
- Need to be exposed to handling various types of audits for e.g. SAS, ISO etc
- Exposure to Lean, Six Sigma and other quality concepts. Practical experience of implementation of these concepts would be an added advantage
Strategy & Planning :
- Lead operational and strategic planning for the team assigned, including fostering innovation, planning projects, and organizing and negotiating the allocation of resources.
- Ability to handle multi tasking roles.
- Benchmark, analyze, report on and make recommendations for the improvement and growth of the service delivery.
- Develop business case justifications and cost/benefit analyses for various tasks to be delivered.
Operational Management :
- Manage the deployment and monitoring of resources in performing the various tasks assigned.
- Work with stakeholders to define business and process requirements for a new and better way of delivering activities.
- Direct involvement in identifying and developing tools for enhancing team performance.
- Manage to staff, including recruitment, supervision, scheduling, development, evaluation, and disciplinary actions.
- Approve and oversee projects and project portfolio
- Liaison with other operation teams for carrying out day to day to activities and ensuring that the operations run smoothly.
- Establish and maintain regular written and in-person communications with the organization's executives, department heads and other stake holders.
- Commercial Awareness: Able to understand the key business issues that affect profitability and growth of an enterprise and takes appropriate action to maximise success.
- Customer Service: Exceeding customer expectations by displaying a total commitment to identifying and providing solutions of the highest possible standards aimed at addressing customer needs.
- Diversity: Treats all individuals with respect, responds sensitively to differences and encourages others to do likewise.
- Independence: Actions based on own convictions rather than on a desire to please others. Is prepared to challenge others and has the courage to stand up for what they believe to be right.
- Interpersonal Sensitivity: Awareness of other people and environment and own impact on these. Actions indicate consideration for the feelings and needs of others, (but not to be confused with - sympathy- ).
- Leading People: Motivates, enables and inspires others to succeed, utilizing appropriate styles. Has a clear vision of what is required and acts as a positive role model.
- Openness to Change: Proactively supports change and effectively adapts his/her approach to suit changing circumstances or requirements.
- Organizational Collaboration: Capacity to perceive the impact and implications of decisions and activities on other parts of the organization. Actions taken are focused on the organization. Working with others towards a common purpose.
- People Development: Developing the skills and competencies of subordinates through training and development activities related to current and future jobs.
- Strategic Perspective: Takes account of a wide range of longer-term issues, opportunities, and contingencies. Identifies the means of implementing plans in line with the vision and direction.
To be tailor-fit for the above skillsets, you need to have,
- A dynamic personality and a passion to constantly improvise technology to suit the organization's needs
- A B.Com/M.Com/MBA/CA degree along with prior exposure of 7 - 12 years in managing R2R processes
- A flair for leading a team and bringing about the best in people (minimum 2 years prior experience in a managerial role)
- The drive to bring about change and a desire to constantly look for ways to use technology to derive efficiencies.
- An ability to understand the organization's goals and objectives and link them with the deliverables of the assigned function, in addition to overseeing delivery and operations
- Crossed the boundaries of operational delivery and stepped into the space of organizing, planning and development - if you relate to this, what are you waiting for? Please apply!
Finally, our people are our most valuable asset; if you agree with us on this, we would love to meet you!
Your interaction with us will involve:
- Technical interview
- Assessment (Accounting, Excel, Analytical, Behavioral etc.)
D: +91 20 6720 3826
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.