Singhi Advisors - Director/Associate Partner/Partner - M&A (10-25 yrs)
Singhi Advisors is a professionally run, home grown 'Global Investment Banking Organisation- providing M&A advisory & Corporate finance services for the last 30 years
- Over 100 completed assignments in ~8 years, transacting in 20 countries across 18 unique sectors/Sub Sectors, aggregated value of transactions handled ~USD 5 Bn
- Deep business understanding with multi-sector focus, solution driven mind-set and result-oriented approach
- Strong relationships with top Indian Business houses & Global Industry Leaders
- Experienced leadership with diverse background supported by well-research-oriented execution team.
- ~350 years of collective experience among ~40 professionals, completed over 1,000 assignments since inception
- Low profile but deeply focused & aggressive team, maintaining highest level of ethics & professional standards
- Impeccable track record of servicing and maintaining live relationship with over 1,500 satisfied clients
- Confidence from existing clients with ~70% repeat business and ~70% strike rate
- Providing uncompromised and unbiased advice not encumbered by many conflicts
- Strategic stakeholder & exclusive member of Mergers-Alliance (www.mergers-alliance.com), a network of 17 independent leading investment banks from across the globe, with a collective strength of ~300 professionals, spread over 40 offices in 25 countries
Reporting to: Independent functioning in a flat / modular organisation, run through defined systems & reporting to Founder & Chairman
Organisational Structure -
- Current organisational structure is lean / flat reporting, whereby each SBU functions as an independent profit centre, led by Director or Partner, functioning independently withing the organisational framework as an entrepreneurial team.
- Each SBU is expected to have 2 to 4- or 5-member deal team (AVP/Manager/ Associates/ Analysts), possessing deep sector knowledge, relationships, and responsibility to lead the team & sectors of SBU interest
- Minimum two to three sector coverage each team to always remain relevant
- Partner / Director has a responsibility to generate atleast 5 times of SBU's fixed salary cost as SBU revenue with profit pool starting after meeting 2x of fixed salary cost.
After meeting 2x of fixed SBU salary cost, the profit pool gets shared back with the team as profits.
- Profit share between 20% to 50% of the SBU profit, based on the standard slabs, linked with revenue as a multiple of fixed cost.
- In short, higher fixed salary gets lower share of profit and lower fixed cost benefits with higher share of profits.
Principal Accountabilities -
You will be directly responsible for the performance, profitability, discipline, skill retention, knowledge growth and overall development of yours as well as your reporting team. It is expected that the SBU
- You will be responsible to integrate & align with the organization/other SBUs and fellow colleagues. You will be expected to spread the goodwill of the firm in the sectors/skillset, you are/will be working on.
- You will also carry-out management level responsibility including developmental initiatives and help the team to standardize & regulate the processes at every level of your team, in sync with the organization.
- You will be responsible for periodic monitoring of your SBU & team's performance and conducting year-end Appraisal for your team as well as submit your Self-Appraisal to the management.
- You will be responsible to generate all the periodic reports, monthly MIS reports, updating of contacts on central system etc
- You will maintain absolute control over the client, business development process, team discipline and generating quality pipeline of new business while keep a long-term view.
- You will also assimilate risk-assessment on any potential relationship, new as well as current and take ownership of the work being conducted by you & your team.
- You will also be responsible for filtering yours and your team's actions to check for any conflict situation and noncompliance issues.
- You will ensure that the client is always satisfied with the services while always protecting commercial & organizational interests.
- You will be responsible to satisfy the needs of the client & keep them updated with the progress of the assignment.
- One of the critical factors will also be to instil the culture of working as a team and working across other SBUs teams and extend necessary support & cooperation, including the resources and knowledge sharing wherever required.
- You will follow model code of conduct and be a disciplined soldier of the organisation
Behaviour Competencies -
- You will possess Entrepreneurial mindset, Positive attitude, Confidence & Leadership capabilities while being the Torchbearer for the team below you to be groomed & led by you.
- You will be directly responsible for building up the career path for the team working under you, condition the environment to have them remain motivated, positively driven and generate consistent revenue stream for your SBU in close coordination within your team as well as intra-team.
- You will lead by example & expected to align your interests with organisational interests in spirit.