HR Leader at SICAL Logistics Ltd
Views:1130 Applications:108 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:23
Sical Logistics - Head - Operations - EXIM Warehousing Business (13-18 yrs)
Role: Head of Operations in EXIM Warehousing Business
Job Location: Chennai
Experience: 13-18 years
1. Support exponential growth in EXIM VAS business from customers during 2019-20 and beyond.
2. Obtain clear understanding of the customer's business processes and KPIs.
3. Ensure roll out of the operations of the acquired customers.
4. Coordinate with solution design, project and purchase team, and coordinate implementation and take it forward on long term basis.
1. The Operation Manager will report to the Head based in Bangalore.
2. The Operation Manager will work very closely with the Solution Design team based in location or HO on all opportunities being pursued.
3. The job demands very good understanding of warehousing operations, transport operations, purchase, procurement, vendor management, and man management.
4. Responsible for complete management of the distribution centres and warehouses. Looking after the overall management of warehouse and inventory outflow, including managing shifts
5. Able to implement processes and systems that will generate higher productivity
6. Understands the principles of Inventory / Stock Management.
7. Able to analyze the data to monitor the systems and plan improvements.
8. Maintains the physical conditions of the warehouse and ensure safe environment.
9. Hands on IT and Excel Skills.(SAP/WMS).
10. Managing the distribution operations and maintaining the stocks without variance by stock verification process.
11. Assessing the performance of the distribution and suggesting measures to reduce operating cost and improve the performance of warehousing & distribution.
12. Good communication with the customers and acting as single window information for in and out flow of information and its execution.
13. Calculating and monitoring Capex and Opex cost of the distribution and distribution centres.
14. Transport negotiation, contract, costing, profitability and sales contribution vs transportation cost. Build up transport ecosystem at specific locations.
15. Analyzing transportation cost, inventory cost, service level cost for and discuss with vendors and customers
16. Managing budgeting, fleet sizing, operational planning, etc.
The candidates must be graduate engineer of any discipline or with equivalent qualifications. Any post graduate qualification in Engineering / Management may be of advantage.