Recruiter at Shopclues
Views:9804 Applications:1467 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:1273
Shopclues.com - Product Manager - Buyers & Mobile Experience - IIM/MDI/ISB/FMS (3-6 yrs)
Please find the enclosed details below
About ShopClues :
ShopClues.com is an Internet E-Commerce company focused on managed marketplace business in India. The company's vision is to be the largest and most customer centric E-Commerce company in India. ShopClues.com has been operating out of Silicon Valley since Feb 2011 and has its corporate office in Gurgaon. The company launched its Beta version online on 26th January 2012. Shopclues.com's core team has 75 years of combined experience in E-Commerce, retail, Internet, and technology. Majority of the core team members of ShopClues.com have moved back from the US, especially from Silicon Valley after long stint at companies such as eBay, Oracle, Nordstrom, and Silicon Valley start-ups. The core team believes that E-Commerce is going to be next big wave of growth in India as E-Commerce is only $450mm of the $450bn retail market in India vs. US where E-Commerce is $200bn of the $3,000bn retail industry and in China, where E-Commerce is $70bn of the $1,000bn retail industry. More importantly, the company sees huge opportunity in creating online shopping experience for Indian consumers, at par with the online shoppers in US and Western Europe. The company wants to offer second to none online shopping experience to the consumers in India by brining world-class, experience, learning and best practices for merchandizing, payments, fulfillments, fun & trusted shopping environment, and customer services.
ShopClues was awarded e-Commerce Site of the Year by Social Media Summit and Awards held on 14th February 2013 in Mumbai . This is a recognition of the big leap that ShopClues as one of the largest eCommerce sites of the year. And at the same time it recognizes our commitment to quality and customer service. ShopClues was awarded Best eRetailer of the Year - Value for Deals at Indian eRetail Awards 2013 by India eRetail Congress 2013 organized by the esteemed Franchise group held on 15th February 2013 in New Delhi/NCR. The award recognizes the value for money which ShopClues bring to the eCommerce buyer in the country.
Product Manager (Buyers & Mobile Experience)
- Founded in July 2011 in Silicon Valley, ShopClues.com is India's first and the largest managed marketplace. We are currently among the fastest growing E-Commerce companies in India. ShopClues has strong Silicon Valley roots and work culture including product development and management discipline.
- We are looking for a Product Manager to lead and drive the product vision and product development for the buyers and business side of Shopclues. You will be responsible to build and shape one of the biggest marketplace and work on one of the core elements of the company.
- As a Senior Product /Product Manager, you own the full lifecycle of the products you build, from conception to its launch, as well as ensuring its continued success after release. In our team, you will be the advocate for the user, the one who focuses on the future and a strong partner to all of our teams, from Engineering and Insights, to Design and Marketing.
Key responsibilities include :
- Define the product roadmap and drive the product development for Shopclues, in an analytical and structured way across platforms (web, mobile, API).
- Understand and drive the lifecycle of the Market product primarily for buyers.
- Optimize existing e-commerce market operations constantly yielding a better experience for buyers and sellers.
- Specify the processes to ensure a successful operation from the product side, work with other teams to define and build the supporting tools.
- Partner closely with the Design team to define and build a high-class user experience on web and mobile.
- Partner closely with the Insights team to understand, track and optimize the Market experience for buyers based on data.
- Quantitatively and qualitatively analyze results to influence product decisions.
- Be the go-to person for everything Shopclues. Feature requests, development status, as well as industry knowledge and competitive research.
- Highly developed skills for problem solving and strategic thinking
- MBA from a top-tier school with an engineering degree preferred
- Excellent communication skills is a must
- Prior experience in E-Commerce, retail, or FMCG preferred
- Understanding of technology, product development, product management, product planning
- Attention to detail and ability to visualize things
- Team player, with the ability to motivate the team to improve each day.
- You can structure and organize your work easily.
- Ability to collaborate across departments or manage projects or programs
- Result oriented and ready to take ownership
- Desire to make impact and high work ethics
- This role requires working directly with senior management team
TECHNICAL MUST-HAVES :
- Technical and/or software development background with a technical degree strongly preferred.
- Hands on experience in Product Management.
- Experience in building and driving e-commerce products is a must, global experience a plus.
- Great understanding of user experience across platforms.
- Experience driving multiple projects at the same time with solid project management skills.