Shell - Indirect Channel Account Manager - B2C Vertical (4-7 yrs)
Job Description :
1. Deliver Top Line growth by Selling Shell's CVP to Preferred segments through a network of committed, structured & profitable distributors, in line with Shell HSSE Policy & Shell general Business Principles.
2. To manage Distributors as Profit centers - Adding value to their business with a partnership & process-driven approach, by creating cross functional linkages & by making Shell as their preferred business partner.
3. Review and achieve sales targets for both new and existing customers (Volume, Revenue, C3, Credit).
4. Implement and maintain a sustainable Distributors network that complies with the Route to Market strategy in place (Profile, Contract, Resources, Legal) whilst keeping control of Channel Captaincy. Ensure all Distributors have appropriate and legal contracts and monitor resources allocation and performance against terms and conditions.
5. Ensure each Distributor is aligned in goal, capability, business focus and capital resources to maximize Shell business and agree with a multi-yearly Business Plan that is fully aligned with Shell Marketing strategy and targets, and deliver activities that allow to deliver performance and to develop a profitable and sustainable business for both Shell and Distributors. Ensure that Distributors recruit, develop, motivate and retain a sales force that delivers sustainable performance and provide appropriate support.
6. Implement Shell Distributor Value Proposition (DVP) in order to increase Mind Share to Shell from Distributors such like:
a. Provide Sales Support by visiting Distributors key accounts and by engaging all functions in Shell that could help at delivering customer promise.
b. Act as business consultant, to efficiently manage relations with the Distributors and to audit/improve financial performance ratios.
c. Deliver agreed marketing programs and materials to increase the value to Shell and Distributor through
a range of cross-sell, up-sell and new-sell activities.
d. Successfully migrate profitable accounts from Shell to Distributors control
7. Ensure linkages with Marketing team by implementing Marketing Plan (CVP, Pricing, Brand & Communications campaigns) and by monitoring and reporting market trends and competition initiatives, strengths and weaknesses. This will need to be done along with the Regional Marketing Manager.
8. Be responsible and proactive in HSE issues that affect the individual, the office/field environment and their Distributors and Customers.
9. Develop and maintain good working relationships with all Support Functions to assist sales in resolving complex issues and improve Distributors and Customers satisfaction.
10. Link business plans to external alignment and shared vision. Review and identifying distributor capability assessment current versus future and developing actions on gap closure.
- Skill pool: B2C Sales & Distribution
- Academic Qualification: Bachelor/Master's Degree
- Professional Qualification: Sales and Marketing
- Year of Working Experience (min): 4 years
- Relevant industry experience: Oil & Gas, FMCG, Consumer goods
- Mobility: 50%