Shell - AI Resident - Data Scientist - Chemical Process Analytics (3-5 yrs)
The Role :
About Digital Centre of Expertise
Shell's Digital Centre of Expertise, part of Shell's Technology business unit offers the opportunity to lead the digital transformation of the energy industry. We are a world leading community of industrial scientists and engineers committed to using cutting edge R&D to take us through the energy transition into a winning position in a low carbon world.
About Shell.ai Residency Programme
- Shell.ai is a change programme designed to support the adoption of AI at scale across Shell through a common platform, community and shared best practices. Shell.ai Residency Programme is a global program sponsored by the Shell Digital Centre of Expertise, the programme offers residents the opportunity to develop deep, technical expertise across the spectrum of AI, learning more about the energy industry and working in agile teams to develop new solutions that can optimise current processes, enable workforce and unlock new business models.
- The Shell.ai Residency Programme is a 2-year, full-time, immersive programme, which you to gain experience working on a variety of AI projects across Shell globally. The Programme offers Residents the opportunity to collaborate with like-minded innovators, experts and mentors, while deepening technical expertise across the spectrum of AI.
- As an AI Resident you will get to be involved in real time projects specifically matched to your interests and abilities and to get an insight into our day-to-day business operations. You- ll receive performance evaluations from your mentor and/or direct supervisor, and you- ll find out what the energy industry is really like, from the inside.
The Shell.ai Residency Program offers you an amazing opportunity for learning and discovery. You will enjoy a unique opportunity to:
- Develop deep technical expertise working on the latest AI related projects
- Collaborate with like-minded innovators and AI residents community across the globe, Shell experts and mentors
- Channel your efforts from ideation to execution working to rapidly deploy solutions
- Deploy solutions across a breadth of Shell businesses - from Exploration to Trading, or Retail to New Energies
Where you fit?
- As Data Scientist, you will be joining a dynamic global team within our Data Science Centre of Excellence. With the focus on driving insights that will have a real impact on our business performance.
- This is an opportunity to deploy mix of your data science expertise and creative problem-solving skills to initiate, develop, and deliver data science solutions. In practice, that means work with a team of data scientists and data engineers in the fields of sensor data fusion, leak detection, chemical process analytics and support businesses with similar projects. Seek out, evaluate, discover and invent new data science methods applying Data Science algorithms (in Linear Algebra, Statistics, Optimization, Machine Learning, Signal Processing, System Identification, etc.) advanced analytics to data sets to ensure Shell's IP position is secured and extended.
- We expect you'll thrive working independently or part of a team, fitting into a highly-collaborative, friendly Agile environment, with the opportunity to learn new practices and technologies.
What's the role?
- Key to your success in this role, will be your analytical expertise, at finding and interpreting rich data sources, managing large amounts of data, merging data sources, ensuring consistency of datasets, and finally, skillfully presenting and communicating the data insights and results.
- As Data Scientist, you'll be working closely with various Shell businesses. You will apply Data Science algorithms (in Linear Algebra, Statistics, Optimization, Machine Learning, Signal Processing, System Identification, etc.) and develop new algorithms to solve a portfolio of Data Science R&D projects. Your predictive models will help Shell's businesses make better decisions and facilitate the latest digital developments in the energy industry.
- Your main challenge is also to critically test ideas through the "fastest route to failure" and/or to champion & develop algorithms via proof on concept projects which can be executed in two or three months, need be with a synthetic data set. Research aptitude, including original thinking, capability of problem solving in applying specific tools for business problem solving, end-to-end delivery of technical services, flexibility and technical breadth in learning and applying appropriate tools (from Linear Algebra to Deep Learning, as required by the problem) and leading collaborative work across various teams to identify opportunities, frame the right questions and timely delivery are key dimensions to this role.
- Alongside your technical expertise, you'll also be calling on your natural people skills, nurturing mutual trust with business stakeholders ranging from data science, data engineering teams, process engineering teams and asset / business / IT support teams up to customer facing businesses within a diverse and international work environment. Effectively translating business needs into data solutions and presenting analytical results back into business language.
What we need from you?
We- re keen to speak to applicants with a Master's or PhD degree in Chemical, statistics, mathematics, science, econometrics or computer science. Along with your strong experience in the delivery of analytics solutions within a corporate or academic environment, we- d also hope to see as many of the following on your CV:
- 3-5 years of Data Science related work experience is preferable
- Expertise in optimization, signal processing, Kalman filtering, particle filtering etc..
- Experience of developing advanced models and algorithms.
- Hands-on experience in code development (Python).
- Tangible publications, reports, presentations or deployed tools.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, facilitation and presentation skills.
Company Description :
- Shell began operations in India more than 80 years ago. At Shell India, we invest in our people through our industry-leading development programme, which sees our employees thrive and gain access to experts on a local and global level. To date, we have invested more than US$ 1 billion already in India's energy sector alone in socially and environmentally responsible ways. It is the only global major to have a fuel retail license in India. The Shell Technology Centre Bangalore, STCB, is one of the three global hubs for technology in the Projects & Technology business of Royal Dutch Shell. In addition, we supply crude, chemicals and technology to public and private sector oil companies, and our Chennai Business Centre provides a wide range of finance, accounting and business services to Shell globally.
- The world faces energy challenges that are becoming more complex each day. We are looking for people who share our passion for taking on these challenges with cutting edge technology, innovative thinking and commitment to manage risks. Shell develops and operates some of the largest, most complex energy projects in the world, we always endeavour to work at the leading edge of technical innovation.
- Shell is a company with shared values. Honesty, integrity, and respect aren't simply a strapline: they are a part of everything we do. What's more, Shell is an equal opportunities company, and we place the highest possible value on the diversity of our people and our inclusive approach.
Join us and you'll belong to a world where you can feel pride in your achievements and propel your career with global opportunities
An innovative place to work :
- Join us and you'll be adding your talent and imagination to a business with the ambition to shape the future - whether by investing in renewables, exploring new ways to store energy or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently, everyone at Shell does their part.
- To power progress together, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we're nurturing an inclusive environment - one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills and reach your potential-
- We- re creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply, and we'll take it from there.
- We're striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity. We've retained our title as a top employer for women in India for past 3 consecutive years since 2016.
- We consider ourselves a flexible employer and want to support you finding the right balance. We encourage you to discuss this with us in your application.
A rewarding place to work :
- We're huge advocates for career development. We'll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had or make career moves they never thought possible
- Through all of this, and combining our ideas through a creative, collaborative environment and global operations - we have developed and will continue to nurture a unique workplace with an impressive range of benefits to ensure that joining Shell is an inspired and rewarding career choice for everyone
The link provided below will redirect you to a website. Please apply there as well.