Associate Manager at People Interactive
Views:874 Applications:287 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:8
Shaadi.com - Data Scientist (2-4 yrs)
The team that looks at constantly extracting valuable information for use in strategic decision making, product development, trend analysis, and forecasting. We deal with all kinds of structured/unstructured (image, text, etc) data and build data-driven solutions to solve customer problems. Our continued endeavor is to help users find a suitable match for themselves at the earliest.
Here is what we look for in a Data Scientist :
- At Shaadi, we always put our users first. We are looking for A Data Scientist who is continuously adapting to new technologies and excited to work on products that affect millions of people every day.
- Be the USER: Start by looking at things from the user's perspective and don't stop until you've evaluated how the solution has impacted the user.
- Deliver WOW: Never settle for mediocrity. Aspire for new user benchmarks and operational/technical excellence.
- Passionately seek unconventional solutions that have the potential of redefining customer expectations.
- Embrace & Drive CHANGE: Embrace curiosity. Accept and enthusiastically encourage change while questioning the status quo and showing initiative. Never let the fear of failing hold you back.
- A Data Scientist is responsible for understanding and deriving insights from the data collected by the company. He would be responsible for maintaining the data and building models from scratch using this data and also tuning and improving existing models as per business requirements.
What you will do in this role :
- Work with Product to identify opportunities for leveraging data to drive business solutions.
- Preprocess large amounts of structured and unstructured data and analyze it to discover trends and patterns
- Develop custom data models and algorithms, Use predictive modeling to increase and optimize customer experiences, revenue generation, user-to-user discovery (matchmaking), weed out fraudster & scammers.
- Collaborate with engineering and product teams in deploying the Models.
- Develop processes and tools to monitor and analyze model performance and data accuracy.
Job requirements :
What you should have :
- 2-4 years of Data Science & Machine Learning experience in consumer internet products and technologies or B2C business.
- Graduate/Post Graduate in Statistics, Computer Science or Engineering preferred; other graduate degrees should at least completed a diploma/certification in Data Science.
- Machine learning Skills: Expertise in recommender systems, user profiling, natural language processing, image processing and other machine learning and predictive modeling techniques is required
- Statistical Skills: Ability to work with large data sets and to interpret them statistically, find patterns (including anomaly detection) is expected.
- Programming Skills: Proficiency in R, Python & SQL is required along with hands-on experience of Numpy/Pandas/scikit-learn/Keras/Theano/TensorFlow (or similar) preferred.
- Visualization Skills: Ability to work with data warehousing solutions like Redshift, exposure to BI tools such as Looker or Tableau will be useful.
- Strong Problem-solving aptitude
Brownie Points :
- Experience in working with big data platforms such as Hadoop, Spark, Hive, Pig will be useful.
- Exposure to BI tools such as Looker or Tableau will be useful.