HR Manager at Sentieo
Views:17347 Applications:1714 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:512
Sentieo - Senior Financial Analyst (2-5 yrs)
Sentieo (www.sentieo.com) is an equity research platform of the 21st century - Built by former hedge fund analysts. Our platform overlays cutting edge search, collaboration and visualization tools on financial data sets allowing our clients to supercharge their research process.
Think of us as a financial operating system for investors. We are a well funded, fast growing financial data startup which is quickly carving out our own niche in a dollar 100Bn+ global market. Today, numbers of portfolio managers are actively relying on Sentieo to make the decisions.
We are looking for financial analysts who think the current research tools just aren't cutting it anymore and want to build something much better.
What you'll do:
Play a critical role in maintaining data integrity of the product that clients interact with. Help in Design and development of cutting edge features. Establish standards and conventions that help us reach our goal faster.
This position is especially challenging because you will be working with incredibly large, complex financial and social datasets. Your job will be to help find innovative ways to interpret and analyze these datasets and make them available to our users. You will be helping build the next generation of products that gives an edge to our clients over the clients of our competitors.
This position involves research financial data analysis. On a daily basis, equity analysts can expect to:
- Acquiring data from primary or secondary sources and defining processes to integrate them with the system. Be responsible for data integrity in all stages of new products and feature additions.
- Build analytical tools and processes to clean and validate the accuracy of data.Identifying and analyzing trends or patterns in complex data sets.
- Building curated data sets using the existing tools and features built in the product.
- Use computer programs and tools including Word, Excel, and interface with Python and R developers.
- Communicate well both in writing and orally.
- Collaborate with other team members and share information and insights.
- The role requires keen attention to detail and solid financial/accounting knowledge. Familiarity with Excel, basic web development knowledge (Python, JS), and native fluency in business English are a plus
- Previous experience as a financial analyst (ideally public or debt markets) 2-8 years
- Organized / Detail oriented
- Enthusiastic and communicative
- Understanding of and interest in financial statements, macroeconomics and valuation techniques.
- Undergoing courses such as CFA/FRM