Senior VP - Equity Regulatory & Data - Practice Head - Bulge Bracket Investment Bank (15-20 yrs)
Taking charge of all delivery of software solutions for Regulatory & Data strategic functions out of India. Responsibility of building team capable of delivering to highest Engineering Excellence standards, using Test Driven Development, Pair Programming and other Agile practices. This role is also Equities point of contact for regulators and compliance in Asia.
Able to work independently and manage and motivate the team and possess good communication skills. Has experience in working on complex and medium to large projects, navigate complex organization structure, managing senior stakeholders in the business and technology globally.
Regulatory reporting is absolutely important to be able to continue to grow all the businesses in equities. Significant growth in volumes and more real time nature of the reporting needs requires us to rethink and build forward looking technology solutions leveraging and partnering with horizontal teams globally. over a billion events are generated out of equities front & middle office systems globally . This data is required to be stored and mined in the most optimal way going forward.
- The position is based in Pune, India and is required to review the day to day delivery work, ensuring a robust process implementation, identifying project/program delivery risks and work on risk mitigation. This role will report to the Equities Head in Pune and a dotted line to global head of Equities regulatory & data head.
- This role will be the point for all Asia regulators and compliance.
- As Equities regulatory & data organization delivers to all the sub businesses, this role will partner with regional and global heads with strong governance framework.
- Candidate will lead the team and also contribute independently. He/she will represent the organization to third parties and clients.
- Applies skills and knowledge of the business to develop creative solutions to meet client and business needs.
- The candidate will work with complex and variable issues with substantial potential impact, weighing various alternatives and balancing potentially conflicting needs
- Requires good analytical skills in order to filter, prioritize and validate potentially complex material from multiple sources.
- Build and lead the India Regulatory & Data team responsible for the evolution of the data platform .
- Evolve the team culture and drive capability uplift of the existing team to reach the highest standards of Engineering Excellence - focused on quality of code, testing and engagement with business and global IT teams.
- Build strong engineering solutions for big data, real time, streaming problems.
- Build a culture of ownership & deliveries in the teams.
- Help build strong career path for employees in the organization.
- Evaluates subordinates' performance and makes decisions on pay increases, hiring, terminations and other personnel actions.
- Applies in-depth understanding of concepts and procedures and knowledge of other areas like QA and production support to resolve issues that have impact beyond own area.
- Full Software Development Life cycle. Customer interfacing - understand customer requirements, propose technical solutions.
- Demonstrates a comprehensive understanding of how areas of apps development and QA collectively integrate to contribute to achieving business goals; requires advanced industry knowledge.
- Requirement gathering & understanding, effort estimation, technical design, project planning and monitoring
- Provides evaluative judgment based on analysis of factual information in complicated and unique situations. This requires partnering with technology partners across multiple sub systems to identify & resolve data quality issues.
- Deliver high quality, innovative and cost effective service to our business/client/regulators/stakeholders
- Strong understanding of regulatory requirements and meeting SLA's
15+ Years of project experience as
- Strong Design and Architectural background on building the technology backbone.
- Development best practices and latest trends in software deliveries.
- Practitioner of Agile practices, test Driven Development, Continuous Automation/Delivery.
- People management, motivate, inspire a team.
- Strong Stakeholder management skills
- Strong Investment Banking / financial domain experience
- Big Data Solutions - (Hadoop, SPARK solutions)
- Cloud Solutions (Containers, Paas)
- Streaming Solutions
- Reporting Frameworks
- Micro Service architecture.
Qualifications and other prerequisites:
- Bachelor's degree /B.Tech / M.E. / M.Tech (in computers, information technology or engineering)
- Ability to work as part of team and independently
- Interpersonal skills to interact with team members and clients
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Candidate should be willing to work extended hours in order to interact with global partners/teams or as per project demand.
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.