Consultant at Live Connections
Views:222 Applications:58 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:18
Senior Role - Model Validation - Support Onshore Group Risk Team - Bank (8-15 yrs)
Support Onshore Group Risk team in ensuring that the Bank remains compliant with all Governance requirements pertaining to Validation of Risk models. The person would report into Head of Model Validation & Monitoring at Group level and would be assisted by team of experienced modelling professionals. The person would report into Head of Model Validation at Group level.
This role would require supervising a core team of experienced professionals (both internal as well outsourced) whose primary function would be
- Performing Model Validation and Model monitoring as per schedule approved by Group.
- Maintain all Validation and Monitoring reports in the inventory.
- Supervise closure of all action items raised as part of Validation and Monitoring findings.
- Supporting Group with necessary data analyses to respond to internal and external Audit comments, Central Bank queries.
- Drive the team towards making continuous improvement in overall governance through improving policies, frameworks, practices within Model Validation and Monitoring domain.
- Review of Fitness of Purpose of Existing and New models from Business and Regulatory standpoint.
- Identify Key risks/limitations and propose Actions items for Model Development team.
- Strictly track Model Validation and Model Monitoring calendar approved by Group. Conduct regular communication and required escalations on timely basis to avoid delays and subsequent Red flag from Auditor.
- Maintain repository of Model Validation and Model Monitoring reports. Record all key stakeholder discussions as part of Governance.
- Collaborate with Group Risk Model development team to remediate observations.
- Work closely with onshore team, external auditors, regulators and internal audit to resolve modelling observations as shared responsibility.
- Should have strong quantitative and risk management experience in reputed bank/institutions/big4 consultancy/well known analytical companies.
- Should have experience in managing a team of experienced modelling professionals particularly Model Validation and Monitoring. Cross culture experience would be a plus
- Should have hands-on model development & validation experience on decision models (Application, Behavior and Collections), Regulatory (IFRS9 - PD, EAD and LGD)
- More than 5 years of hand-on experience in Python/SAS/R,
- Machine learning model development experience (Random forest/ XGBoost, NLP and Deep learning in financial institution set up) is a plus
- Excellent interpersonal & communication skills verbal and written