Founder & CEO at The Hiring Story
Views:37446 Applications:2395 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:60
Senior Research Analyst - Credit Risk - BFS - CA/CFA/IIM/ISB/MDI/FMS (2-4 yrs)
- 2 - 4 years- experience in assessing counterparty credit risk for global financial institutions (experience in covering banks / insurance companies / asset managers / broker-dealers / funds would be preferred)
Job Duties :
- The role entails supporting credit risk management teams of global banks in counterparty credit risk assessment of financial institutions. The key activities include :
- Research and analysis of global financial institutions to assess their credit strength.
- Prepare detailed credit risk assessment reports that involve analysis of factors such as the operating environment, business strength, financial strength, management strategy, market-implied parameters and external support.
- Prepare / update financial models or financial spreads through a combination of market databases and company filings.
- Assign credit ratings by using the client's proprietary framework and make subjective adjustments as necessary.
- Should be able to defend his/her views on the counterparty / covered entity when challenged by senior stakeholders and clients.
- Track market events closely and assess implications on the coverage portfolio
- Support project managers on ad hoc projects.
- Other activities may include preparing industry and country research reports, maintaining and updating financial models and company/industry specific databases and preparing news flows.
- The role may also require training and mentoring colleagues on specific aspects of credit risk.
Qualification : CA/MBA Finance/CFA/FRM from Tier 1 Institutes
- Should have 2 to 4 years of experience specifically in counterparty credit risk assessment or credit research or equity research
- Strong understanding of core finance and accounting concepts.
- Excellent report writing and communication skills.
- Ability to communicate analytical thoughts in a crisp, concise and precise manner.
- Should be able to independently assess counterparties without relying on readily available research.
- Strong inter-personal skills and ability to participate/contribute as a team player.
- Should be willing to put in the extra hours when tight deadlines need to be met.
- Willingness to operate in a dynamic environment that may entail multi-tasking.
- Prior experience in fundamental analysis of financial institutions is mandatory.
- An understanding of global banking regulations would be preferable.