Talent Manager at Swaniti Initiative
Views:2028 Applications:71 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:22
Senior Project Manager - Policy - Consulting Firm (6-8 yrs)
About Swaniti Initiative:
Swaniti Initiative is a non-partisan, social enterprise that delivers development solutions to policy makers and representatives. Swaniti works with Governments, Parliamentarians and developmental organisations. We focus on policy and execution issues in the sector of climate change, health, water, sanitation, education and livelihood. We work through a three-pronged approach: provide research support on key government programs and initiative, role modelling through on-ground implementation for delivery of public service and deploy technological intervention to improve service delivery mechanisms.
Swaniti Initiative is looking for an experienced, passionate, self-driven and qualified program manager who is eager to lead policy research and stakeholders- engagement in parliamentary processes. The program manager will be expected to manage partnerships and deliver the curated programs with a team of policy analysts and policy associates. The position provides a tremendous opportunity to get exposure to policy processes like policy research, advocacy and piloting policy initiatives across diverse sectors in partnership with multinational partners and parliamentary bodies of India.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Project and Performance Management:
- Lead programs that focus on delivery of public services, including state level programs and Parliamentarian engagement.
- Manage 4-8 member teams, which would include delegating responsibilities, ensuring delivery of program and managing partners relationships.
- Plan, conduct and facilitate policy consultation meetings with parliamentarians, bureaucrats, partners, civil society leaders and additional policy makers.
- Maintain strong communication channels with all relevant partners and stakeholders within Swaniti and externally.
Swaniti Initiative, 13/14 Sarvapriya Vihar, New Delhi, 110016; [W] - www.swaniti.com
- Keep in sync with the top management in management of the projects and ensure the growth of the team
- Keep a track of systemic changes and design initiatives which may fix the gaps in policy making processes
Stakeholder Management and Relationship Building:
- Engage with multinational partners for coherent relation and curation of projects pertaining to several issues
- Establish consistent communication network with policy makers
- Engage with potential partners and represent the organisation at various platforms
- Ensure the publication of policy briefs for the parliamentarians
- Developing insight papers on flagship policy programs of state and central government
- Developing proposals, project charters, policy memos, Gantt charts, project activities and program trackers.
- Getting the periodic reports on the development of projects developed
- Masters in subjects like Public Policy, Governance, Development Studies, Economics etc.
- At Least 6 years of total work experience with minimum 2 years spent in projects which may have required partner management in policy space.
- Established experience in team management (preference given to those working with teams in the government)
- Excellent verbal and written communication abilities in English.
Skill and aptitude required:
- Team Management
- Systemic thinking ability
- Critical thinking ability
- Problem Solving attitude
- Keen observing ability
- Strategic planning ability
- Proficiency in MS office and basic IT tools