Senior Policy Manager - Energy/Environment & Climate Change (6-15 yrs)
Length of Commitment : More than two years
Location : Delhi, India
Years of Experience Required : 6 years or more
- The Policy team at the organization disseminates findings of the organization's research; develops relationships with government, civil society, and academic stakeholders; catalyses scale-ups and replications of effective projects; and assists in conceptualizing new research projects. The team works closely with the global organization office to align the regional strategy with broader organizational objectives.
- The organization seeks a Senior Policy Manager to contribute to its mission of promoting evidence-informed policy in the organization's Energy, Environment and Climate Change (E2C2) sector, as well as for certain cross-sectoral outreach. The organization's Environment, Energy, and Climate Change sector measures the real-world impacts of energy and environmental policies, particularly on climate change mitigation, pollution reduction, climate change adaptation, and energy access. Descriptions of the programmes, key responsibilities, and other requirements for the role are as detailed below:
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES : Support the organization's Policy Team in its mission of promoting evidence-informed policy in the E2C2 Sector: This will entail understanding, summarizing and supporting the dissemination of the organization's evidence in the E2C2 sector; coordinating and communicating with the global policy lead for the sector; the organization's senior management, and working with government, civil society partners, and donors to promote the production and use of rigorous evidence in the E2C2 sector
Evidence Generation :
- Lead networking and follow-up with relevant government partners, civil society partners, donors and media to understand their policy priorities and promote the use and production of rigorous evidence on Energy, Environment and Climate Change.
- Forge new randomized evaluation projects by matching innovative programs in the region with the organization's affiliated professors in the sector.
- Secure buy-in from governments and other organizations to launch pilots and evaluations
- Support generation of policy-research partnerships to tackle critical issues around air and water pollution at the state and central government level in India.
Evidence Synthesis and Dissemination :
- Create policy outreach materials, including slide decks and notes summarizing evidence from the organization evaluations related to E2C2 (e.g., summaries, briefs, policy memos, concept notes, letters, slide decks and presentations).
- Write about the organization's evaluations in relevant documents with clear, accurate, and non-technical language. Analyse and contextualize research results from the organization's ongoing and completed E2C2 sector work for evidence dissemination through customized decks, briefs, reports and op-eds.
- Represent the organization at policy-relevant events and in meetings with relevant stakeholders, to share and present evidence.
- Track policy developments in the E2C2 space and communicate these developments internally to the team.
- Stakeholder Engagement: Build and maintain relationships with key partners in governments, NGOs, foundations, and multilateral aid agencies in the region.
- Provide additional support to the P&T teams as needed.
- People Management: Manage and mentor Policy Associates and/ or Sr. Policy Associates, giving them support to perform better and prioritizing their learning and skill development, across multiple sectors.
- Cross-vertical collaboration: Participate in cross-vertical collaboration opportunities such as providing systematic support to an ongoing research project, capacity building of internal staff, etc.
- Provide support to Special Strategic Initiatives related to E2C2: Provide support to strategic initiatives such as the newly launched Capacity Accelerator Network (CAN) to accelerate the use of data science for social impact, at the intersection of climate change and health.
- Master's degree (preferably in economics, public policy, environment, energy, climate change, or international development).
- A strong technical understanding of economics and/or evaluation is necessary to ensure that the organization's findings are translated into general policy conclusions in a way that is both simple to follow but also accurate and undistorted.
- Ideal Senior Policy Manager candidate requires six or more years of relevant experience in addition to a relevant Master's degree. Demonstrated interest and experience in energy, environment, climate change, or economics will be considered favorably
- Understanding Randomized Evaluations: Demonstrate a keen understanding of the value of randomized evaluations and their usefulness for policy decisions.
Skills and Competencies :
- Communication: Attention to detail and excellent writing and presentation skills for communicating policy lessons from academic papers in ways that policymakers understand. This requires clear, precise, non-technical writing, and creativity in presentation.
- Proven ability to handle several different projects/tasks at one time, successfully complete tasks assigned, and meet deadlines
- High level of attention to detail
- Strong interest in international development policy, south Asia development, and/or programme evaluation as demonstrated by coursework and professional experience.
Language : Fluency in English (written and oral).
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.