Senior People Manager - Construction Firm (8-15 yrs)
We are looking out for candidates from Manufacturing/FMGC/Construction organizations.
We are hiring a talented senior people manager who is an extraordinary first principles thinker and doer with strong relationship and analytical skills. This person will lead the entire HR team and function at organization covering all aspects including recruitment, talent management, retention, benefits, contracting and legal, IT, and other HR sub-functions.
This is a high-impact role based out of Bangalore but would involve visits to organization deployment locations across India.
About the Role :
- Position: Senior People Manager (full-time role)
- Must be eligible to work in India
- Location: Bangalore.
- Travel across India; Up to two weeks a month (urban and rural locations).
- Minimum 10+ years of work experience in a HR function and at least 3+ years in a HR leadership role.
- Experience in managing HR for a wide variety of teams including highly skilled technology employees in urban environments and unskilled and semi-skilled workers in rural and remote locations.
Expected qualifications: A bachelor's degree is minimum; an advanced degree is preferred and can come from a variety of programs, including Business Administration (MBA in HR), Rural Management, Public Policy, Public Administration, Development Studies, Public Health, etc.
Language requirements: Excellent written and oral communication skills in English; good conversational abilities in Hindi.
Job Description - You shall:
- Be responsible for managing the HR team and the entire HR function at organization including end-to-end recruitment, designing and managing compensation structures, training, learning and development and more.
- Build successful channels and develop creative approaches for identifying and recruiting high quality candidates, including broadening the pool of talent.
- Work with organization leadership and clients in mapping hiring requirements based on upcoming projects and annual implementation plans.
- Actively engage with program managers, engineering and operations teams, and other internal stakeholders to solve people related challenges.
- Develop and regularly review organizational processes and policies that are in line with HR best practices, labour and tax laws.
- Successfully engage with unskilled and semi-skilled workers in organization deployments to build consensus and ensure a safe working environment.
- Ensure HR-related documentation of the company's team is organized and accurate, backed up and fully compliant.
- Structure compensation benchmarking for all roles aligned to industry standards.
- Effectively communicate HR policies to all the staff across the different programs.
- Improve employee retention and satisfaction.
- Drive the performance management systems in alignment with organization needs.
- Coordinate with team leads to design individual KPIs/KRAs and targets and goals and ensure that they are in line with the organization's goals.
- Develop and implement the annual increment and performance cycles, with appropriate incentives to reward high-performing and high-potential employees.
- You are a first principles thinker.
- Have worked with multicultural teams with diverse backgrounds.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and an ability to build authentic relationships
- You love traveling and are comfortable in a fast paced early-stage startup.
- Proficient at using Microsoft Office, Google suite and HRMS tools and platforms.
- Strong long-term alignment with the organization's mission of expanding autonomous drone delivery networks across India.
- Ability to negotiate and achieve consensus with employees and key stakeholders
- Openness to listen, learn and contribute beyond the confines of this role and enthusiastic to do whatever it takes for delivery.
- Enjoys working under pressure: flexible, highly organized and able to prioritize.