Manager Recruitment at Windows Consultants
Views:4667 Applications:91 Rec. Actions:Recruiter Actions:8
Senior Manager - Transitions - Insurance (10-16 yrs)
The role will drive success of an assigned transition project. He/ she is responsible for an array of activities including initializing and planning projects, developing project cost benefit analysis, tracking and reporting project deliverable, managing risk, applying project management processes and tools and ensuring projects are completed on time, within budget and with high customer satisfaction. This role is also accountable & responsible for service catalog management to provide accurate service information to stakeholders and thereby promoting service culture.
Education and Experience
- Overall 10-12+ years of experience, with at least 5 years in hard core Transition
- University Master's degree or equivalent
- International exposure in the field of IT/ Business processes in Insurance.
- The familiarity of running projects within the financial services industry, and preferably within the insurance industry.
- Industry recognized project management certification would be beneficial, but not compulsory Information Technology industry accepted certifications such as CMM, ITIL would also be beneficial
Transition rigour is a key element in ensuring sustainable service delivery to onshore partners. The scope of this role includes but not limited to business operations, technology, knowledge services and other support functions.
The key responsibilities include:
- Institutionalize transition rigour by ensuring Transition Framework is followed for all new work that is added. This requires collaboration, coordination, execution, governance to achieve transition objectives with onshore, and stakeholders. While the governance function is vested in this role, execution is done by engaging with onshore and process/practice/ application/engagement leaders
- Adhering to the transitions framework involves that the phases of initiation, due diligence, planning, execution and closure are followed to achieve objectives such as:
a) Creating effective plans and execution of transition;
b) The controlled transition of work;
c) Management and control of risks and issues;
d) Hiring and onboarding of resources;
e) Ensuring effective knowledge transition;
f) Ensuring compliance requirements are met;
g) Ensuring that suitable metrics are in place during the transition as well for BAU (Business as Usual) state;
h) Ensuring that necessary OLA/SLA/Statement of Services are in place and commencement of billing for in-scope services;
i) Building and maintain a library of documentation that is reusable, reduces the offshore reliance on onshore SME's for on-boarding, and is accessible to all teams for the purpose of educating new hires.
j) Handle all partner relationship management issues during transition before handing off the project to service delivery.
k) Work with various internal and external stakeholders to ensure appropriate handoff of process/ service and necessary hand holding
- Monthly performance reporting to the Leadership team through transition dashboard. Additional reporting may be done on need basis.
- Evangelize and create awareness of transition framework through means such as transition newsletter and overview sessions for onshore partners.
- Create and deliver transition-related training
- Provide support for CMMI process area Service System Transition to assure process adherence and facilitate (re)certifications.
Service Catalogue Management :
The goal of the Service Catalogue Management Process is to ensure that the Service Catalogue is produced and maintained, containing accurate information on all operational services. Information on archived and under development services (Services under transition) may also be maintained
To achieve this goal this role pursues the following objectives:
- Manage the information contained within the Service Catalogue
- Ensure the Service Catalogue is accurate and reflects the current details, status, interfaces, and dependencies of all service that are available
- Provide effective information for engagement with onshore partners
- Provide a link to standard Service Level Agreements
- Initiate and bring to closure projects to improve the quality and usability of the Service Catalogue to reinforce service culture
Risk Management Support :
- This role supports information risk management by ensuring that any new transitions met with necessary legal requirements such as FRA/PIA.
- This role supports operational execution risk management by providing pipeline updates through transition dashboard and following transition rigour. Reporting to compliance team is done based on requirements.
Specialized Knowledge/Skills :
- Proven project management skills and leadership ability.
- Ability to establish relationships with team members consisting of internal employees and customer representatives.
- Strong analytical and reasoning skills
- Sound Excel analysis skills
- Good documentation and PowerPoint skills
- Communication skills, both orally and written, that create a positive impact with the ability to influence and direct people through structured dialogue. The ability to communicate across boundaries to project teams and stakeholders alike.
- Candidate should be a strong facilitator, able to control meetings containing all levels of senior management, such as multi-location steering committee meetings
- Organization skills with ability to adhere to and follow systems and processes
- Ability to work under pressure with good time management skills
- Ability to work in a cross-functional, multi-cultural, multi-located team.
- Able to think strategically, solve problems efficiently and negotiate with multiple competing stakeholders to deliver on target and manage schedules
- Ability to manage line and across functional teams
- Well experienced in running projects, preferably within the financial services industry
- Experience in offshoring projects is important
- Fair experience and knowledge of IT systems and remote access platforms
- Excellent scope / issue / risk management essential
- Experience of managing and supporting multiple concurrent projects
- Good Knowledge of project management methodology and MS Visio & MS Project
- Knowledge of financial service operational process, products, and organizations, preferably with Insurance specific knowledge is an advantage but not a requirement
- Knowledge of industry standards such as CMMI, ITIL
This job opening was posted long time back. It may not be active. Nor was it removed by the recruiter. Please use your discretion.